DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL

Associate
Just had system built everything running smoothly exept every once in a while I get the blue screen of death with this message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL anyone know what I can do 2 fix this problem.

Associate
Far too many things that can cause that. Assuming you havn't changed any drivers or hardware lately it is worth getting a copy of memtst32 and checking your memory is still good. (A quick test is to pull one of the sticks out)

Associate
owon said:
Just had system built everything running smoothly exept every once in a while I get the blue screen of death with this message DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_THAN_EQUAL anyone know what I can do 2 fix this problem.

Is there a specific driver that it points to, ususally shown at the end of the message.

Associate
OP
Already done the memtst32 test everything came back fine get this message at end

Stop 0x000000D1 (0x0003002C, 0x00000002, 0x00000000, 0xB6B4D1B6)

NVT.Sys- Adress B6B4D1B6 base at B6B49000, Datestamp 4253b85b

Associate
OP
Also checked Application error logs all the errors at the time of blue screen point 2 ForceWare Intelligent Application.

Associate
Just out of curiosity, I Googled NVT.sys and got this clue for you...

...that is a driver for the NVidia Firewall and there have been reports of DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (STOP: 0X000000D1) Stop Errors especially when using P2P software.
Try uninstalling or updating the nvidia firewall. Are you behind a router? If yes, you can do without the nvidia firewall. I removed this from a mates computer when he was complaining about bad CS:S pings and we saw a noticable improvment.

:D :cool:

Associate
I had this problem a few times. Happened whenever I was using limewire or bit torrent, and was sourcing the netgear wireless driver dll. Stopped using the automatic configuration software crap and all working fine now.

Associate
OP
Already tried removing forceware installed windows firewall instead still have same problem Iam using a router dose router act as firewall

Associate
i had this problem with a pc i built for a relative.

this problem drove me to despair. Ive never had a problem with any pc that i built and the 2 that i built after the problem one were fine !

did all the tests on memory,drivers,mobo,psu,video card etc. But the thing still displayed that message and randomly BSOD.

Did 4 rebuilds and reinstalls to clean formatted HD - still had problems.

eventually i found a webpage suggesting that it could be a problem to do with windows update installing the wrong drivers.Looking at the error log and then checking what the error realted file did further confirmed this.Seems that some file that was being added during automatic updates was the cause.

so for rebuild number 5 i decided not to run automatic updates .

This fixed it .So i guess in this case it was a driver issue and something to do with windows update.

hope this helps

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom