New car dilemma

Associate
I recently traded my car in and I'm currently awaiting delivery of my new one in 2 weeks time. Now I'm not so sure that I've made the right decision :rolleyes: and now I'd like to get something different from a different dealer/manufacturer.
Obviously I've lost my deposit, but how would they re-imburse me for my old car which I have traded in? Do they have to pay me back what the trade-in price was? When now it's technically not a trade-in, just a cash sale.

Soldato
munkyfunk said:
I recently traded my car in and I'm currently awaiting delivery of my new one in 2 weeks time. Now I'm not so sure that I've made the right decision :rolleyes: and now I'd like to get something different from a different dealer/manufacturer.
Obviously I've lost my deposit, but how would they re-imburse me for my old car which I have traded in? Do they have to pay me back what the trade-in price was? When now it's technically not a trade-in, just a cash sale.

out of interest, what new car are you getting

Associate
OP
Traded in an 04 CTR, for a 1.4 Jazz sport............yeah yeah I know. Jazz is a really nice car, but at 82bhp I think now that it may be a bit under powered. CTR was fantastic but was getting too expensive to run.
I've now seen something that is more of a compromise between economy and power.

Associate
munkyfunk said:
Traded in an 04 CTR, for a 1.4 Jazz sport............yeah yeah I know. Jazz is a really nice car, but at 82bhp I think now that it may be a bit under powered. CTR was fantastic but was getting too expensive to run.
I've now seen something that is more of a compromise between economy and power.

you are mad!

seriosuly, a new car can be rejected and they would have to give you a full refund including cash value of your trade in car.

Soldato
If its a Honda dealer i managed to get a deposit back. When i say i got it back i got it back in the form of a credit which i then used to buy some tyres with.

Soldato
Ferrari 360 from my dads point of view

rubbish car because...

too noisy
no luggage space worth talking about.
makes an evo look like it has legendary long service intervals.
too hard to get in and out of when you're 6'4 and getting on a bit.
not enough seats.
too expensive.
attracts way too much attention/likely to cause jealousy in scrotes.
thirsty.
can't service it yourself even if you wanted to.
poor rear visibility.

etc
etc.

i don't agree with him incidentally ;) but you get my meaning.

Man of Honour
The_Dark_Side said:
what's wrong with the jazz?
The only reason he ordered it is because the other was costing too much money.

I can think of plenty better cars, and the OP has already found one.

[edit]I got your meaning the first post I didn't need a further one. You completely missed mine though.

Associate
OP
Jazz is a nice car, and that's coming from an ex-CTR owner ;)
I'm worried that I won't have enough power now though, otherwise the Jazz is a perfect choice.I need something more practical than the CTR because my daughter didn't like it ,she couldn't see out of the back windows.
The dealer might say I can either have the Jazz or my old car back ( it's still on their forecourt) ,in which case I'll have the Jazz.
I'll see how it all pans out this week after I've seen their sales manager. The other car I'm after.........You'll have to wait

Soldato
Gilly said:
You certainly can :)
hehe
Gilly said:
I thought it was perfectly obvious. I didn't see the scope for misinterpretation.
seriously, you replied with ":/" to the OP saying the jazz is a nice car.
ok it's something you or i would never consider in a million years but they are very good cars.
same deal with the Yaris.i'm sure you'd become a testicle doner before buying one, but they're still very very good at they're intended purpose

Back
Top Bottom