MaxDSL Query

Associate
How long does it take for you to drop into your correct 'profile/speed', the only reason i ask, is as the crow flies im 363 meters from the exchange, and the thing said i could probably get 6mb, but im still languishing at 1898 down/363 up. It's definatley synching at 8mb but from what i understand, it chooses a profile for me yes?

Caporegime
Your ISP should be able to extract your current BRAS limit.
If it's higher than the throughput you're currently seeing, it could be congestion. The BT Speedtest (instructions in FAQ) might be useful.

Soldato
I don't really trust most speed test reports. Sometimes they are ok but other times they are way too low.

The best test is to try and max your connection by having multiple download threads.

I've had speed tests report 5000kbps then i've gone on my newsgroups and downloaded at 19000kbps.

Soldato
How long have you had your line in?

My MaxDSL was only 2mb (same as before) until one day it went to 3.5 mb. Give it a few days and see what its like then.

Associate
My snyc changed to 8192 on the monday but was stuck at 1872 downloads.It speeded up on the friday so 5 days for me.Have had 6.5mb,the checker said i would get upto 3.5 so im happy.If you don't speed up after 14 days ring your isp as the bras profile may need reset.

Permabanned
If you are getting much slower downloads than your synch speed and there have been no synch events (change in synch speed not just a disconnect) then there is something wrong. The BRAS Profile is inconsistant and it should be easy for BT to fix.

Associate
OP
No disconnects at all, my upload is sat at 0.4mbps so im sure there must be something wrong, its on day 9 so if nothing changes tomorrow then i shall give the blighters a ring :)

Back
Top Bottom