Problems With My PC

Associate
Hi,

When i run my pc it loads up fine but after a while some times it restarts itself. i reformated about 2 months ago to get rid of some rubbish on it but it keeps doing it.

Does Anyone know what the problem is?

I am running Windows XP SP2

Man of Honour
Does this problem occur at regular intervals or only under heavy use? e.g. is there any sort of predictable trigger? Have you tried running memtest86 or prime95? What sort of voltages are your rails?

Sorry lots of questions but at this stage it could be almost anything. As a shot in the dark I'd suggest memory as the most likely cause because memory is often the most flakey component.

Associate
OP
semi-pro waster said:
Does this problem occur at regular intervals or only under heavy use? e.g. is there any sort of predictable trigger? Have you tried running memtest86 or prime95? What sort of voltages are your rails?

Sorry lots of questions but at this stage it could be almost anything. As a shot in the dark I'd suggest memory as the most likely cause because memory is often the most flakey component.

It happens mostly when im playing music or on msn or both. i thort it was my pc overheating but i checked the temp and it was fine.

Associate
robhough said:
Hi,

When i run my pc it loads up fine but after a while some times it restarts itself. i reformated about 2 months ago to get rid of some rubbish on it but it keeps doing it.

Does Anyone know what the problem is?

I am running Windows XP SP2

Assuming you didn't go inside the PC and play around with hardware, and that it was fine before the change (and that it started doing this as soon as you had reformatted).... I know lots of assumptions...

... my guess would be a software / driver issue.

It's more likely than a hardware fault that just happened to occur at the same time as you made a software change (although this isnt impossible).

M

Back
Top Bottom