What would you buy

Associate
I have a few hundred quid burning a hole in my pocket thanks to a decent paycheck, say around £500. My system is currently a water-cooled AMD x2 3800, geforce 6600gt, asus A8n-sli deluxe mobo, 1gb ram (G.Skill), enough hard drive space for my needs (580gb), and 2 optical drives that I think are adequate. My case is a Thermaltake Tsunami Dream (adapted at the back for the rad).
edit: forgot to say, I have a Sharp 172G-b Monitor, and I play the occasional game, but mainly surf the net looking for stuff to buy ;)

So, what would you do in my situation? What would you buy, or would you save up for something greater?

Last edited:
Soldato
to be totally honest with you theres no reason why you cant save and look to upgrading after the new year, after Vista is released etc...

if you are someone who has to have the latest tech asap then you will never be satisfied mate...

You could get a conroe which would then involve getting a new mobo and RAM etc but depending on what you use your machine for you may not even see that much of a diff....

Alternatively you could go AM2 which I wouldnt suggest cuz you wouldnt see that much of a performance increase as you would by getting the conroe...

You could upgrade the gpu and the RAM as per the previous thread however whats the use when in a few months if u do decide to go Conroe you will end up selling it...

Hang on to ya cash and wait :)

BfZ

BfZ

Associate
save, the remainder of this year and the beginning of next year seem to bring interesting things to buy, DX10 cards and newer cpu's. :)

Back
Top Bottom