Ventilation

Soldato
Hey guys. i need some Ventilation for my garage.

been looking at the type of things machine mart sells,
12"+ 1323CFM+ £176+

i believe ' plate axial fans' would be the correct term

To be mounted in the wall ( cutting a hole in the wall)

its to shift paint fumes / overspreay from inside my garage.... outside !

anyone know any cheaper sulliers of such fans? or other ideas?
room / desk fans arnt really an option, theyre no good :(

Pho

Pho

Soldato
My dad has a fan which is about 2 foot in diameter, it pushes you back when you're stood infront of it (and has a variable speed knob, not just preset settings). I'll try and find the make of it, I think it was cheap too.

edit: it's a standing one, very slim (15cm or so thick) too.

Soldato
OP
Pho said:
My dad has a fan which is about 2 foot in diameter, it pushes you back when you're stood infront of it (and has a variable speed knob, not just preset settings). I'll try and find the make of it, I think it was cheap too.
i know the ones. unfortunaltly theyre all about 24"... i cant really cut a 2 foot squasre hole in my garage wall ! lol.

im not even sure how much CFM is required to extract the amount of fumes / overspray i create. anyone knwo what a normal 3 speed room fan woul dpush CFM wise ?

forund this btw, http://www.easy-123.co.uk/index.asp?function=DISPLAYPRODUCT&productid=280
still a tad expensive for my taste

Associate
R B CUSTOMS said:
im not even sure how much CFM is required to extract the amount of fumes / overspray i create.
Dude! What do you EAT?!? You should see a gastroenterologist!!

Seriously though, I think Basmic might be onto a good one, and if you do use Deltas we want pics!:D

Soldato
manveruppd said:
Dude! What do you EAT?!? You should see a gastroenterologist!!

Seriously though, I think Basmic might be onto a good one, and if you do use Deltas we want pics!:D

He'd get an ASBO for making too much noise :p

Soldato
OP
lol @ asbo

deltas really arnt practical guys.
i was thinking about just how much 1300 CFM is... and thats a lot lol, well sufficient id say :p

my neigbour is on the task of ahem... 'finding' me a 12" plate fan. but if ANYONE has any links to companies etc who do em cheap, please forward them :D
all my googles are pointing to HUGE companins who dont really do retail. they just like to use the same picture for every product on their website and use the © symbol a lot :(

car fan would be a good ideas if i could mount it. any idea of the CFM ?
i think @1000CFM il be cooking on gas.
you really augt to see the abount of fog in ther garage when im clear coating lol... ill take a pic ;)

Soldato
Five deltas and a cheap 12v PSU would do it easy peasy though, in all honesty, and it's pretty easy. Compared to 'proper' solutions it'd be pretty cheap too.

I don't know how well they'd deal with the paint though, maybe they'd get a bit narked at being covered in overspray over time.

Back
Top Bottom