How Old Do You Have To Be To Fly Alone?

axe

axe

Suspended
Hey me and my mate thinking of just getting one of those late deals holidays and jet off to ibiza or something... where both 17 can we fly out without a 18year old :(

Soldato
Well most 18-30 type holidays actually allow 17 year olds to go if they have parental permission. If you're talking about just a flight I don't think there's any age limit on going alone, but package holidays do usually.

axe

axe

Suspended
OP
Psyk said:
Well most 18-30 type holidays actually allow 17 year olds to go if they have parental permission. If you're talking about just a flight I don't think there's any age limit on going alone, but package holidays do usually.

Dam its one of those package holidays where you dont know where your staying until you get to the airport. :( might have to give them a ring and see what they say. Its Just im 18 on september 7th ... and start back at 6th form on the 5th so it will be a bit late by then as summer holidays have passed.

Don
Psyk said:
Well most 18-30 type holidays actually allow 17 year olds to go if they have parental permission.

I think almost all tour companies need parental consent to sell to under 18's , other than that there shouldn't be a problem

Soldato
i traveled from japan to UK when i was 12, on the way i transfered on amsterdam. then i was accompanied by a air attendance to the right gate as soon i left the aircraft from japan.

she was pretty :)
(i fly with KLM)

Associate
A lot of airlines have someone accompony (sp?) you to make sure you don't fall out the plane or something, but I think anything over 12 is fine

Associate
I flew to New Zealand on my own and i'm 17... Didn't have any trouble at immigration etc. Flown to France on my own when I was 13 also.
I'd imagine it's different if everything was done with a tour company. Only ever booked flights, not a whole package style thing

Associate
General rule of thumb nowadays is 16 and over to fly single and anyone under to be accompanied by an adult aint it? But you should check with the airline you intend to be using. In the good old days you could pretty much go anywhere and have a stewardess keep an eye on you but not in today's society - airlines simply dont want to be held responsible for children now that we all have a best friend called SUE! (Rather sad really :()

Fa-

Fa-

Associate
cobxx said:
A lot of airlines have someone accompony (sp?) you to make sure you don't fall out the plane or something, but I think anything over 12 is fine

bwahaha, that made spit milk! (im not drinking milk though :(.. i need to see a doctor about this )

Man of Honour
momentimori said:
As long as you can sit in a seat, ie above age 2, you can fly alone
Wrong. Different airlines have different regulations and many will not allow anybody under 16 unsupervised.

With package holidays, if you are both under 18 you should have a letter of consent to send/give to them.

Back
Top Bottom