Quick Question ref Bluetooth.

Associate
:cool: Hi @ll,

Just a quick question on a Tevion bluetooth dongle and my pc :confused:

I have installed it fine and it works ok with my mobile phone, but the thing is now that it is installed my internet explorer seems 2 take fore-ever 2 load up now, once it has loaded up it works fine and everything.

so I am just wanting 2 know if anyone else has had a sim-type thing happen 2 them? and have you fixed the slow load up?

just 4 info my pc spec is in my sig and im on a 4 mb connection using a router.

cheers Paul. ;)

Soldato
Have Bluetooth dongle also but never experienced such problem?

Try this: Go into 'Network Connections' (Right 'My Network Places') then disable 'Bluetooth Network Connection' (right click on icon then disable). Maybe that could be the cause of delay.

Have it disabled on mine because not used but phone & PC can still communicate/etc :cool:

Associate
OP
Cheers 4 the quick reply m8, but it has not made any change 2 the load speed.

I just find it is strange using this bluetooth Dongle could cause this slow response by my explorer, I have timed it and its taking around 30 to 45 sec's 4 it 2 load-up, were's b4 it would load in around 5 sec's at the most.

Anymore idea's weclome :)

Soldato
broady212003 said:
Cheers 4 the quick reply m8, but it has not made any change 2 the load speed.

I just find it is strange using this bluetooth Dongle could cause this slow response by my explorer, I have timed it and its taking around 30 to 45 sec's 4 it 2 load-up, were's b4 it would load in around 5 sec's at the most.

Anymore idea's weclome :)
If that did not work/help, just wondering did you install any of the software that came with dongole? Because I did not, using XP Bluetooth drivers which come with SP2 :)

Soldato
broady212003 said:
Thnx again m8,

And the answer 2 your question is yes, I installed the software that came with it.
Unless there's a specfic reason you need that software I'd say uninstall it all & try jst using XP's Bluetooth drivers (i.e. plug it in & it will pick up, install, etc). Once its done, in Control Panel they should be a Bluettoth icon. You can use this to connect to your phone, etc. Will be easy because of wizard's to guide you :cool:

Back
Top Bottom