Which PCI Wireless Card?!

Permabanned
Right. My Lovely US Robotics 9106 Wireless Router went *** over *** yesterday so I went out and got a Belkin G+ MIMO Wireless Modem Router jobby.
Anyway, My Wireless Card in my room is still only 11b so My actual download speed is only 1.1mbps.
Can anybody recommend a GOOD PCI wireless card that has a good range
(My room is in the loft and the Router is 2 floors down, I get about 80% signal up here using my current Belkin card..
Any Suggestions?
A while ago I bought a new Belkin one from a competitor I cant mention (Death) and it was complete rubbish, kept dropping etc..

Imy

Imy

Soldato
My bro has that router with matching wireless card for his laptop - works great.

Dropping connections is a given with wireless technology.

The card you want is the "Belkin F5D8000UK Wireless Pre-N MIMO PCI Network Card" which you can purchase from here.

Last edited:
Permabanned
OP
-" The Belkin Pre-N product will not drop to the standard 802.11g or 802.11b speeds "

It will work fine with The Belkin Router still?

[Edit] Wait. Stupid. "Belkin''s Pre-N technology offers backward compatibility with existing 802.11g and 802.11b products," [Edit]

Nvm
Thanks for the advice :D

Permabanned
OP
Hmm I know a lot of people who hate Belkin but I spoke to Chris1712 who works at *DEATH COMPETITOR* and he reckons that Belkin Router is the best one..
Oh well if I don't like it I'll break it and claim under warranty. lol

Back
Top Bottom