UKFSN Broadband

Caporegime
It's a resold Enta service, and it's mostly decent.
Communication from Enta was a bit weak when they ran out of bandwidth and started traffic shaping though, but that's in the past.

Soldato
Enta are still having a few problems with max I think (mind you who isn't) . I've migrated a few accounts now and they drop the connection now and again. Typically 1-4 times a day.

Caporegime
Yeah, but it's finding the distinction between a Max problem that's the ISP's fault, and the ones that are BTw screwups.
Some are better at handling the latter though.

Soldato
I guess its pretty new to both bt and partners. My lines aren't unseable by any strech of the imagination but some people ie plusnet seem to be struggling.

Im sure it will all come good eventually.

Soldato
Download too much and you run the risk of going on a "bad boy pipe" and their is traffic shaping, however it only kicks in once they reach full capacity of their centrals. Depends what you use the net for.

Associate
OP
ok i've just signed up with Freeola 1mb Uncapped package (3 month contract)

£19.99 for first 3 month then £29.99 after that.

I think the UK broadband market has had it, I was with pipex for years but their service got slower and slower and i moved over to ace internet 2 months ago only to be presented with their recent download caps of 20gb per month, so I requested a move from them.

Now I've just gone back a step and settled for 1mb again with freeola.net

BT and all of the rest of them are just being too greedy, it's very hard now to find a decent broadband package without any kind of cap or limits, some even offer limits of 2gb (i'd use that in an afternoon)

Most of the isp's are also keeping you tied down with 12 month contracts.

We shouldn't have this in this modern age, Japan and other nearby countries have 100mb broadband connections with no caps at all, so why can't the UK have this?

Caporegime
Freeola's an Enta reseller too. As for it being unlimited, given Enta's L2TP prices, is that a pig I see out my window?

No comment on the rest, we've gone through all that jazz before and elsewhere.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom