CivCity Rome?

Soldato
The early reviews are very mixed so far. 81% from PC Zone and 65% from PC Gamer, I believe? I've also seen a 4/5 and another 65% as well.

I was really looking forward to this game a lot, but it's getting a lukewarm response thus far. Can anybody fill me in on what Zone/Gamer didn't like about it?

Ed

Ed

Soldato
I've only just found out about this game and was disappointed with opinions as this is exactly my sort of game. Maybe Caesar IV can offer something more.

Associate
I wouldnt mind reading a decent fair and in depth review on this game, like the Civilization games, infact I just got back from destroying an enemy civ in civIV.

Caesar IV should be good also.

Don
Nieldo said:
I wouldnt mind reading a decent fair and in depth review on this game, like the Civilization games, infact I just got back from destroying an enemy civ in civIV.

Caesar IV should be good also.

I also play the Civ IV as well! :) class game ;)

Stelly

Soldato
OP
Well I got the CivCity today (it's out a few days earlier here) and so far so good! It's strangely "old-skool" in its presentation, but very easy to pick up and play. Everything is very intuitive and simple - no nonsense. There are a few niggles, but I've only been playing a couple of hours and it might be stuff I'm missing :)

It's certainly not going down as a classic, but I think if you keep your expectations in check and just want a simple and fun city builder it's just the ticket.

Back
Top Bottom