• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

2 x 7950X2 in Quad Sil

Associate
anyone running this kinda setup using the nvida beta drivers ?

if so

what mobo
what gfx's cards
what power supply

any feedback plz should be taking the plunge any day now :D

going to be running

2 x BFG GeForce 7950 GX2 1024MB GDDR3 TV-Out/Dual DVI
1 x Abit AN8-32X nForce4 SLi (Socket 939) on a 4800X2
1 x 600watt power supply (which may need up grading, i know but at £190.00 for a power supply going 2 give my one ago 1st)

will let you know asap

Last edited:
Associate
Gadget can I advise you to buy the EVGA cards. If you are going for a quad SLI set up, you should consider how close you are to the release of the next generation form Nvidia. The arrival of the new DX10 cards is going to be around September/October time.

EVGA offer a service whereby, if new updated products become available and you would like to upgrade they allow you to use what they have called the "step up program". This allows you to upgrade from your current GPU to the newer version, all you have to pay is the difference from the original price of your GPU to the price of the newer one.

There are limitations that go with this.

You have to swap/upgrade within 90 days of your purchase. You can only swap/upgrade once per purchase.

You are going to be spending a lot of money when buying those cards so be shrewd and research this a little further.

Here's a thread authored by Gibbo offering the new service.

I would advise you to read it.

Last edited:
Don
-|ScottFree|- said:
Gadget can I advise you to buy the EVGA cards. If you are going for a quad SLI set up, you should consider how close you are to the release of the next generation form Nvidia. The arrival of the new DX10 cards is going to be around September/October time.

EVGA offer a service whereby, if new updated products become available and you would like to upgrade they allow you to use what they have called the "step up program". This allows you to upgrade from your current GPU to the newer version, all you have to pay is the difference from the original price of your GPU to the price of the newer one.

There are limitations that go with this.

You have to swap/upgrade within 90 days of your purchase. You can only swap/upgrade once per purchase.

You are going to be spending a lot of money when buying those cards so be shrewd and research this a little further.

Here's a thread authored by Gibbo offering the new service.

I would advise you to read it.

I'm in total agreence with that you are saying here mate

Stelly

Fa-

Fa-

Associate
if i buy two EVGA 7950's, will i be able to upgrade to the DX10's? or wil lit be to late? im hopeing to buy within the next 3 weeks.

Associate
Fa- said:
if i buy two EVGA 7950's, will i be able to upgrade to the DX10's? or wil lit be to late? im hopeing to buy within the next 3 weeks.

Well in three weeks time we will be half way into August. Having a 90 day upgrade program, you "should" be fine, as this will take you to mid November.

With the next Nvidia G80 targeted for release around the September October time, great!!!

Its a really good idea as it allows you to have a decent card for a few months and send back when the newer more powerful card arrives. All you have to do is pay the difference.. win win.

Fa-

Fa-

Associate
i guess ill go for it then, is there anything else i should be aware of - i was hopeing to get XFX, but iv never actually heard or read about the eVGA cards before.

Associate
Fa- said:
i guess ill go for it then, is there anything else i should be aware of - i was hopeing to get XFX, but iv never actually heard or read about the eVGA cards before.

eVGA are very, very good (apparently). I've got an XFX XXX edition and must say then when I next buy a gfx card from nVidia its going to be from eVGA.

Agent.

Associate
Fa- said:
I really do so hope.

but Sods Law always seems to factor i nthese things also.

Fa- said:

I know exactly what you mean about sods law lol, but look at it this way. You were going for the XFX, so you have nothing to lose as this deal is not on offer from them. At least if the G80 does release in time you get an opportunity to change up.

Soldato
Quick update being as Gadget^ does not visit as often as me :D

He is now running Quad Sli with 2x eVGA 7950GX2.CSS @ 1600x1200 and everything maxxed out never drops below 100fps.Strangely 3DMark06 actually gives a worse score :confused: Must be the beta drivers!

He has a Tagan 580W Modular PSU and that caused crashes during the 1st run of 06.Got him to rig up a 480W tagan just to run the GPU's and everything is fine.

Outcome: He has ordered the Tagan 900W psu.

Back
Top Bottom