• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Intel Update: Conroe!

OcUK Staff
Hi there

Right as follows:-

E6300 OEM - 200 Units arriving Thursday/Friday this week!
E6300 - E6700 Retail - Today was just a paper launch only! What a flop! Intel and distributors say stock will not hit until middle of August but are guaranteeing that OcUK will be first with stock at beginning of August with plenty of product to clear all backorders and more.
X6800 - Plenty in stock still!

All I can say is what a big dissapointment as the 24th July (today) was a mere paper launch for Conroe, officially stock will not hit until Mid August but Intel have promised to make sure were the first UK stockist with product 1st week of August.

We are attempting to source more OEM product sooner.

Soldato
glad i didn't preorder a 6600 now, i was planning on waiting till August/September... so now probs from me.

annoying that Intel decided to change launch dates though and nobody was told until today :-/

edit:

you may want to update the website as they all still say "arriving 24th July"

Associate
I'm sure people will be happier now they know.

Waiting for the 1st week of August is bearable. Checking your inbox every 30 seconds of every waking hour for a dispatch email however, isn't! :p

Associate
I find it very hard to belive that you just discovered this today. I am also disappointed that you have had my money when it could have been in my bank account so that i got interest off my cash and not yourselfs.

Associate
Ok, this is rather disappointing, seems strange that you would have been given a date previously if this was a paper launch all along though.

With regards to the statement

Does this mean there is chance of getting OEM 6600's in stock then?

Associate
Very dissapointed, was looking forward to building my computer this week, was temped to just buy the x6800 for a minute but decided i'd be wasting money.

Associate
Ugiol said:
Very dissapointed, was looking forward to building my computer this week, was temped to just buy the x6800 for a minute but decided i'd be wasting money.

Haha, glad to know i wasn't the only one checking the prices again.. £530 just to get it now rather than in a few weeks is a little much even with the rest of my bits sitting on a desk taunting me.

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
Hi there

Right as follows:-

E6300 OEM - 200 Units arriving Thursday/Friday this week!
E6300 - E6700 Retail - Today was just a paper launch only! What a flop! Intel and distributors say stock will not hit until middle of August but are guaranteeing that OcUK will be first with stock at beginning of August with plenty of product to clear all backorders and more.
X6800 - Plenty in stock still!

All I can say is what a big dissapointment as the 24th July (today) was a mere paper launch for Conroe, officially stock will not hit until Mid August but Intel have promised to make sure were the first UK stockist with product 1st week of August.

Hang on a minute, paper launch or not, surely you know if you have stock in!!

Are you really saying that you only found out taoday that you didn't have any stock!!

And come to think of it, say you only had a 1000 orders for the e6600, thats over £250,000 you have turned over!

Can anyone confirm quicky if OcUK take the money upon ordering or as it is shipped?

Last edited:
OcUK Staff
OP
Slinwagh said:
Hang on a minute, paper launch or not, surely you know if you have stock in!!

Are you really saying that you only found out taoday that you didn't have any stock!!

Intel have just been saying 24th, 24th. However the only information we got today was more accurate information as to leadtimes. When we were actually expecting to be told yes xxxxxx amount has been shipped, so its a huge let down all round and seriously unexpected.

Only product that we have recieved more of today is X6800's......

Yes we may see OEM stock sooner but thats a complete unknown and word is we SHOULD see stock 1st week of August but I've been in the business long enough to know delivery dates often get put back.

Though today has been hectic and I am sure more accurate answers and ETAs will come later this week when the initial launch is over with.....

Permabanned
Gibbo said:
Intel have just been saying 24th, 24th. However the only information we got today was more accurate information as to leadtimes.

Only product that we have recieved more of today is X6800's......

Yes we may see OEM stock sooner but thats a complete unknown and word is we SHOULD see stock 1st week of August but I've been in the business long enough to know delivery dates often get put back.

Though today has been hectic and I am sure more accurate answers and ETAs will come later this week when the initial launch is over with.....

So like i said....today is the 24th, surely you knew if you had stock in!!

More accurate than, "Yes we will ship today !?!?"

Back
Top Bottom