• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

xfx7950 driver problems

Associate
I have recently aquired an xfx 7950 gpu, everything works fine until i install the drivers then everything goes a bit wrong.
both the current nvidia driver 91.31 and the one on the instilation cd cause my pc to reset every 30 seconds or so which is a tad annoying. the beta driver 91.33 is stable but doesn't preform particularly well.
what i'm concerned with is my old(er) 7800gtx works with the current drivers and i'm about to upgrade to conroe and don't particularly want conflict issues. Is anyone else having similar problems and does anyone know of a better fix than using the beta drivers?

oh and to top it off the included game (tombraider legend) is so glitchy at any reselution with the advanced fetures turnrd on i'm begining to wonder why i didn't just stick with my 7800!

Associate
OP
i did think of that but my board is the one prior to the P5WD2-E which is xfire.... mine just says universal pci express??? i am changing my mobo as soon as the core processors come into stock... i'll make sure it's one configured for SLI and hope i can use normal drivers.

p.s thanks for the welcome! :)

Back
Top Bottom