memtest and crash help

Associate
Hi all, I've been getting BSOD's for awhile now, and have finally decided to try and fix whatever is causing 'em once and for all.

I'm getting a fault in win32k.sys "Page Fault in non-paged area", which from what I've read is either faulty hardware, memory being at the top of the list or some naughty software causing the issues.

So anyway, I decided to run memtest on my memory and after hours of testing, 0 errors. I had a look further into the configuration options of memtest and chose "probed" (from the ram sizing menu i believe). Anyway it immediatley showed plenty of errors, all of which seemed at the same range. However I'm not sure if this an error relating to my ram at all, seen as its not a default test. So if u know a lot about the memtest program, advice would be much appreciated.

Heres my system:
DFI LanParty UT NF4 Ultra-D
AMD X2 3800+ (stock speeds)
GeIL 2x1Gb 3200 Value sticks (tried loose and tight timings)
BFG nvidia 7800GT 256Mb
Creative Soundblaster X-Fi
2x250Gb Seagate SATA drives in raid.
Hiper 580W PSU.

Windows XP x64 Pro

Background software:
PeerGuardian
MotherBoardMonitor
Logitech Profiler
Logitech Mouse and Keyboard
Buffalo Linktheater server
Nvidia settings

The crashes tend to happen when I'm running a few apps together, but not always. I've had it happen when playing Prey. I've had it happen when I've just quit a game started winamp up and the started browsing the net using firefox. Today it happened whilst I was playing armagetron online (tron game), playing some music through winamp and using uTorrent all at the same time.

if you've got this far, thx for reading and hope you've got the answer I need!

Ta ;)

LJ

P.S. If anyone knows of a program to test my graphics card other than 3DMark06, or more specifically the memory on my card.. As I'd like to rule that out if poss.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom