*cough* Millionaire, fraud episode *cough* tonight. *Cough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
Originally posted by |Show|
and why....its so easy to do its hard to stop myself....i aint even started on the £50,000 debt the poor bloke has!

The debt could be a Mortgage, no one has said it was anything else.

Caporegime
The last question was a bit lame!

I knew it wasn't Gigabit, simple as he said 100 zero's after 1, there isn't that many zero in a Gigabit of data.

Megatron ? Mega = 1 million, that is still 94 zeros short!

Nanomole ? isn't Nano means something really small?

As for Googol, well, I never heard of it but I heard of www.google.com a search engine that can find millions of things.

Logic will tel me to go for googol if I had to go for it.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
this capture is gonna be in 3 parts, about 30 secs gap between them, it appears that movie maker cuts out after a while and the usb needs reconnecting!

Associate
Thing is he does initially seem to go for the right answer in a lot of the questions, before any coughs. Also you can hear other coughing going on all the time, which they don't emphasize. And for one question he "forgot the plan" - yeah right. Don't all contestants go though the options?

But it does seem dodgy.

Associate
OP
I would have been pretty sure they were cheating even without the coughing.
the way he goes from having no clue to being completely cetaiun is bizarre.

I wouldn't even gamble on 16 grand unless i knew the answer.

Soldato
We all want money, thats what life is all about. I do think they went to far and rumbled themselves, but they had the bottle to try it and so what.

Swapping places with him i would have binned it after 250k and i think he would have defo got away with it. But his greed in the end was the downfall.

Its no different to cheating at cards but on a far larger scale, if u could see your opponents hand and benefit you would do it

Last edited:
Soldato
Originally posted by exedanni
Thing is he does initially seem to go for the right answer in a lot of the questions, before any coughs.

Wrong - He initially on most of the questions went for the wrong answer !!!

Soldato
Originally posted by Tupac_
u see the cougher...he found it so difficult

and the fone call he got..he took it so easy like rite "al let u have the million back for doing what i did"

When you're under the lights its a hell of a lot different from when you are around the edges. Also as they showed on the program, he was confirming with other contestants the answers.

"*cough*no" is hardly what you'd call subtle.
If that was an accurate transcription of the events (bearing in mind it was the programs aim to make you think he did cheat), then there is no doubt in my mind that he did cheat his way there.

A lecture in morality from Martin Bashir, how insulting.

Isn't it just :D

Associate
Originally posted by Raymond Lin
The last question was a bit lame!

[snip]

Logic will tel me to go for googol if I had to go for it.

Completely agree. I've never heard of a googol either, but it was obviously not the other 3 answers. Although I guess there's plenty of people out there who have never heard of a gigabit, or nano(something). :rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom