php sage integration?

Soldato
Afternoon,

I have been asked to research into the possibility of integrating an online store into Sage - i.e when a customer purchases something it is automatically entered into Sage.

Never ever used sage before - just wondering if anyone has achieved this before or can point me in the right direction? I've done some searching on other forums and people mention some sort of PHP API - however i cannot find any such thing [old post - link didnt work!].

Any idea what database Sage runs on? SQL Server?

Thanks,

Jonno.

Soldato
It will depend on what version of sage your client has. The new sage IIRC runs on a .NET MSSQL platform. The old sage uses lots and lots of files.

Have you tried calling sage themselves?

We have a client who has a big sage system which will be developed into there website but im not sure how they are doing it.

Soldato
OP
Yes calling them is an idea - however they'll probably try and sell me the Sage developer certification for £1500 :o

Someone here must be experienced with Sage :o

is there not some sort of import facility allowing you to specify the URL of an XML/CSV file or something?

Jonno.

BaJ

BaJ

Associate
It's been a few years since i've looked at this but as far as i remember you need the Sage development kit to do any kind of proper integration.

What we ended up doing for a client was allowing them to create CSV files from a web admin system that can be imported into Sage. If you look around the Sage help files it gives you a breakdown of the different imports available with field types etc.

Associate
Hi

Ive done this for the company I work for what happens is the order is sent through once accepted by worldpay, as a plain text email, then I use a piece of software called importplus (http://www.skyewright.co.uk/downloads/win32/#importplus)

which then takes our email direct from the pop3 account and puts it into sage, saves us loads of time manually inputting them

Hope this helps

if you have any more questions just shout :)

Thanks Ryan

Back
Top Bottom