Some Jet Ski action at the solent

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Sunset seemed to be clear today so I drive down to the Solent where the locals often turn up in their boats and toys (one day I have to get one too!)

I kind of bummed this one up a bit, forgot camera was in low res jpeg fine mode so only got a max of 1700px wide :/

Still, I was quite pleased especially since was using iso400 thinking it was in RAW but turns out there is no noise or weirdness, just wish I had the raw set so I could have bumped up the sky colour...anyway these are resized and cropped as best fit.

Took 19 photos, 6 of my favourite:

Once a 70-200 L is in my palms though there will be many more sporting images !

IMG_1525.jpg

This guy kept doing this, I have no experience with jet ski manouvres so no idea what it's called

IMG_1543.jpg

Asked the lady on the left to tell the jet skiiers to ski a little closer :p

IMG_1538.jpg

much better, looks nice big size, shame only 1700 though :|

IMG_1515.jpg

There he goes again!

Last edited:

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
IMG_1557.jpg

This guy was keeping an eye on them for keeping safety

IMG_1565.jpg

Loads of seaguls, moved quickly after this as I wasn't going to get **** on and I wasn't going to let my car get **** on either a few yards down!

Associate
The first one is definitely my favourite, because of the simplicity of the photo. I think the others are slightly too 'busy' and lack a defined subject (such as this), but all in all some good results and I'm sure you'll have some even better photos from the 70-200 when you're actually shooting in RAW. :D

Nath

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
OP
Thanks! I agree there , couldn't crop in for better composition either because the result would be too small - shame really but better luck maybe next time!

Back
Top Bottom