• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X1900 XT ICEQ 3 SILENT Heatpipe 512MB

Associate
Does anyone have "HIS Excalibur ATI Radeon X1900 XT ICEQ 3 SILENT Heatpipe 512MB" ?

Could anyone tell me the temperature and noise reductions on this card, just wanted to see people with real experiences as i am planning to purchase this card, or is it better just to get a regular x1900XT with the stock cooling - i heard it is very loud... :confused:

i'm after a quieter system, and getting a x1900XT sort of contradicts that, this card might help somewhat, im getting a Seasonic PSU as well, as my Hiper was just so noisy in the end.

Last edited:
Caporegime
atick with your 7800GTX until direct x 10 comes out

but i do have this card and the temperature difference of the card is really nothing, but it is very quiet and reduces system temps compared to stock coolers

Soldato
It should keep it quieter, but there is also ...
Sapphire ATI Radeon X1900 XT-X TOXIC 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (GX-123-SP) with a liquid cooling system

Associate
OP
I just sold my 7800GTX recently, the Sapphire Toxic X1900XT-X is out of my budget anyway and rather go for a XT than XT-X, and i hopefully will be receiving the HIS Excalibur card today, i heard the temperature difference wasn't that much, but it was the noise level which was most important.
By the way what is the nosie level like on load?

Associate
ive also ordered the his x1900xt iceq3
but i am wondering anbody know why the his non iceq version
is more expencive ? (£299)
from the specs they look identical apart from the cooler and box

Associate
OP
freddib said:
ive also ordered the his x1900xt iceq3
but i am wondering anbody know why the his non iceq version
is more expencive ? (£299)
from the specs they look identical apart from the cooler and box