Dell 2007WFP or 2007FP

Soldato
Well, personally I have the wide version. But it depends on what you are doing.

If you are going to watch movies then the wide version, if you are gaming only, then either is great... but more games now are going to start to support wide screen (or can be modified to support it).

What do you want to use your PC for

Soldato
Hmm well either one would be fine.

If you do a lot of word processing, a lot of people use the 2007 wide in portrait mode, so that they can see the entire document.

Personally, I would say go wide screen. But really, depends on what aspect you would prefer.

Associate
If you are wanting to be picky, a widescreen has less pixels overall than a standard ratio monitor.
Much more importantly, remember that with a widescreen you are getting 150pixels less in height which you should definitely consider if your main uses are vertically-scrolling applications like web browsing and word processing.

Man of Honour
one thing to note, both use essentially the same 16ms S-IPS panel from LG.Philips, just one is WS format and the other is standard 4:3 format. Performance is therefore going to be very comparable. WS is certainly nice for movies and for gaming as well, i'd recommend a WS TFT nowadays really, hard to go back to 4:3 once you've used one :)

Back
Top Bottom