Problem with an ASROCK Dual-Sata board

Soldato
Ok I am building a computer for a friend and have an ASROCK Dual-SATA board and an Antec Sonata version 1 case. Basically the Power LED from the case has 3 holes but the motherboard header only has 2 pins. I have found what to do on the ASROCK site here:

http://www.asrock.com/support/faq.asp?Model=General

Its the 14th answer from the top.

But how do I change the position of the cable? Do I use a pin to detach the cable or is there another way of removing the cable?

Associate
Or alternatively, just cut the plastic lug down the middle, and turn each bit 90 degrees in opposite directions. Each one will then fit invidually over the pins.

Its not the perfect approach, but it saves picking around trying to pull out wires that might break.

Make sense???

M

Associate
i just cut my cable and found an old 2pin connector and joined them
i could never figure out how to get them out ,pushing the metal piece in didnt help

thanks for the 90degree spin method will try that the next time i get this problem

noxidjkram@hotm said:
Or alternatively, just cut the plastic lug down the middle, and turn each bit 90 degrees in opposite directions. Each one will then fit invidually over the pins.

Its not the perfect approach, but it saves picking around trying to pull out wires that might break.

Make sense???

M

Easiest way of doing it tbh. :)

Back
Top Bottom