Audi S3

Soldato
Ive had my Golf VR6 for 7 yrs, and have finally bought another car, An Audi S3.
Ive always wanted to own one, since driving one about 3 1/2yrs ago (so its been a long time comming)
I found one after a long search about 2 miles away from where i live, which was a result. 2001 Silver, 2 owners only 34k on the clock.

I have swapped the 17" Avus alloys for 18" RSTT alloys, which i think suit the S3 perfectly.

http://www.btinternet.com/~wedge007/S3/

Well worth the wait,........I love it :D

Suspended
Very nice, I love the S3
icon14.gif

Soldato
OP
paradigm said:
Such a fun car, enjoy it :)

Looks like a nice example too!

Yeah its in very good condition, the original wheels were not, very scuffed up. I have had them refurbed and tucked them away in the garage.

Also ive bought a private plate S3 WFX (wf being my initials :) ) al little sad maybe but why not.;)

olv

olv

Soldato
Always wondered what the S3 was like to drive. No doubt it is plenty fast enough, and the interior is quality but I've always had the impression (with no real basis for this opinion) that they are more of a competant cruiser then something to throw around the B roads. Do they use the haldex four wheel drive system?

Nice looking car :)

Soldato
OP
olv said:
Always wondered what the S3 was like to drive. No doubt it is plenty fast enough, and the interior is quality but I've always had the impression (with no real basis for this opinion) that they are more of a competant cruiser then something to throw around the B roads. Do they use the haldex four wheel drive system?

Nice looking car :)

Hey olv, your impression is pretty much spot on, it is better at cruising than throwing round B roads, BUT its still very good at throwing round B roads :)

I bought it for a mixure of the two, so its perfect for me.

Yes to the haldex four wheel drive system.

ps. im told with a set of H&R Anti-roll bars on it, its as good as any with regards to handling.

Soldato
Surely thou, if the haldex controller can shove drive to the rear, can't you uprade it to send drive to the rear in all conditions?

or is that a too simplistic view on it?

Soldato
Hate said:
Surely thou, if the haldex controller can shove drive to the rear, can't you uprade it to send drive to the rear in all conditions?

or is that a too simplistic view on it?

No you can change the haldex ecu for a user adjustable one to give you much more RWD bias. bout £500 I think.

Soldato
sounds fun, more people should do that!

I assumed it would be more difficult than that, although my celica has mecanical diffs all round and is 50:50 like it or not!

Soldato
OP
pinkaardvark said:
No you can change the haldex ecu for a user adjustable one to give you much more RWD bias. bout £500 I think.

From Audi-Sport forums.

`Nope not adjustable, but there is an uprated haldex controller that AmD and others sell that moves more torque to the rear`.

doh, see above link ;)

Last edited:
Soldato
carpmaster said:
What about an S4

S4's dont use Haldex, they use a proper torque sensing 4WD system. Useless fact I have remembered from reading the review of the 1st S4 in Performance Car, it has a 46:54 front to rear split.

Last edited:
Soldato
My dad bought one of these about 3 weeks ago in Black. Its great! The handling is phenomenal. We took me out in it on sunday round some country lanes, bloody hell does it stick the road! :D
He also has those Bose speakers (optional extra) which sound astoundingly good for car speakers.

Soldato
Wedge said:
Ive had my Golf VR6 for 7 yrs, and have finally bought another car, An Audi S3.
Ive always wanted to own one, since driving one about 3 1/2yrs ago (so its been a long time comming)
I found one after a long search about 2 miles away from where i live, which was a result. 2001 Silver, 2 owners only 34k on the clock.

I have swapped the 17" Avus alloys for 18" RSTT alloys, which i think suit the S3 perfectly.

http://www.btinternet.com/~wedge007/S3/

Well worth the wait,........I love it :D

hmmm what did you do with your S3 wheels? theyd look good on my mk3 golf (tho IMO 17" is too big)

Back
Top Bottom