General Performance Issues...

Soldato
Evening, i'm not often found up in GH, but i've got issues with system performance, which particularly became apparent whilst playing BF2 last night...
basically i had no AA/AF and an average res but it was laggy and slow at times...now this suprised me, i mean this thing has an A64 3500+ wini, 2gb ddr 3200, x850xt...this isn't low spec hardware...so why the lame performance?

Anyone got any ideas?

could it be background services? could it be this mac emulation thingy i've got running...?

Soldato
Have you tried closing that Mac emulation thingy to see if it removes the problem? Get rid of other unneccesary programs that are running in the background too; media players etc tend to install icons in the system tray (next to the clock) which don't ever need to be there.

There's a Windows services guide HERE which details how to disable services that Windows doesn't tend to need.

There's also a large Windows tweak guide on www.tweakguides.com which might be worth a look, specifically the sections about file indexing, services etc.

Also do a defrag if you haven't already.

Back
Top Bottom