Alpina Spoiler - yay or nay?

Soldato
Hi all,

I saw a brand new Alpina spoiler on ebay which was sprayed in the same colour as my car, and put a silly low bid on it, not expecting to win.

However I won the bidding and now have a brand new BMW Alpina Spoiler. The question is, I don't really know if I want to fit it. If I do, then it will mean drilling things to put it on, but also means undrilling things when it comes to sell the car (I won't be doing the drilling/undrilling myself however).

Should I fit it? What do you guys reckon?

Standard:
standardeq6.png

Alpina:
alpinaes0.jpg

Standard side:
standardsidezd2.jpg

More Alpina 1
More Alpina 2
I have a Saloon, but you get the idea.. More Alpina Saloon

I have a feeling it might look good, but might also be a lot of hassle fitting it.

Might be worth it for the added performance - the guy on eBay said it would give my car another 10bhp :p.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
PeterNem said:
I like it too, the standard "lip" looks like a bit of a half hearted effort compared to the Alpina one.

Yeah, this is what I thought - the rear of the car doesn't quite match the looks of the front.

The original e46 Sport has a decent sized wing - as seen on PMKeate's 330i - but they trimmed for the facelift.

Soldato
I think it looks quite nice. I don't think I'd have spent the money if it was mine, but I like the look of it, so if I was in your shoes I'd fit it. It's hardly lairy, it's a nice mod.

Permabanned
GT3 said:
Weren't you planning on fitting rally style arches to your chevette?

I was debating it...and would only do it if I went for full HS-Spec oily bits ;)

Anyhoo - they were made by Vauxhall.

The above spoiler is not made by BMW ;)

*n

Soldato
[TW]Fox said:
Looks awesome, get it fitted.

Coming from the man who wants to put 4 exhausts on his 5 :D

From a more serious perspective, I like it. It's quite subtle, but you can tell something's different.

Soldato
Providing your BMW isn't all show and no go (*cough*4cylinder*cough*) then go for it.
If the above 330D is yours then I'm not sure...it's a diesel.....with a spoiler.
Hmmmmm

Permabanned
OCdt Stringy said:
But diesel.....spoiler
It's like a square block in a circular hole, my mind can't visualise it logically :p

Awaits "omg but the diesel rox0rs"

Pfft! Only .3 of a second slower to 100mph than its petrol brother / sister and only because it needs a frikkin gear change!

Diesel rox0rs tbh! and the larger spoiler is surely going to help keep those rear tyres digging into the ground at UBER speed!

Soldato
OCdt Stringy said:
But diesel.....spoiler
It's like a square block in a circular hole, my mind can't visualise it logically :p

Awaits "omg but the diesel rox0rs"

Hahahaha, i know what you mean, kinda goes against the grain.:D

Got to be said though, the 3.0d engine is one of the sweetest diesel engines about.

Back
Top Bottom