What contract should i go for? (£25 p/m max)

Associate
Hi

I've never been on contract but now i want one as i spend way too much topping up my phone.
I want to spend a maximum of £25 per month line rental. I am not too bothered about getting a 18 month contract but would prefer a 12 month one.
I would like a minimum of 100 X-net minutes and 100 texts per month.
I like the look of the Samsung E900 so will probably opt for that phone (unless my opinion of it changes tomorrow when i have a play with one). The other phones i shortlisted are the Sony Ericsson K800i and W810i

Out of all the contract deals i like the Vodafone Anytime 200 tariff. This gives me 200 x-net minutes, 250 texts and stop the clock. This contract is 18 months but the price plan has 6 months at half price.
Do i pay the first 6 months half price then pay the remaining 12 at the full price or do i pay the full price throughout the contract and Vodafone refund me an certain months?

Basically i want you guys who know quite a bit about phones and tariffs to spec me a contract with the above prefered minutes and texts all for £25 per month or cheaper.

Thanks!

Soldato
On vodafone thats probably the cheapest value tariff you'll get at the moment for your budget. If you buy it from the vodafone website you only get billed half price,you dont have to do a cashback dealy. Its a good tariff especially with stop the clock, on an 18 month contract

Associate
OP
I planning to go to town tomorrow and go to the Vodafone shop so i can have a play around with the phones i have shortlisted so i can finalyl decide on what phone to go for.
My heart says go for the Samsung E900 because of the cool, sleek looks but my head says for the the Sony Ericsson K800i because it will be easier to live with day to day.
Are the tariffs the same in the Vodafone shop as the ones on their website? The website doesnt state anything about there being any exclusive web tariffs?

Thanks

EDIT: The tariff i want is under 'popular price plans' so i assume they will have that tariff available tomorrow when i go to the Vodafone store.

Last edited:
Soldato
xcessive said:
My heart says go for the Samsung E900 because of the cool, sleek looks but my head says for the the Sony Ericsson K800i because it will be easier to live with day to day.

I returned my e900 for the k800 for that readon, easier to live with lol.

The 200min 250txt IS an online tariff, but you can persuade them to do it in store. You wont be able to get the 6 months half price though.

Soldato
O2 online do 150xnet mins and 750 texts for £25 a month on an 18 month contract or 100xnet mins and 500 texts on the 12 month contract for the same price. The e900 is currently out of stock but they were supposed to get them in today.

Soldato
If your a student, with a UCAS number to prove it, Orange have some excellent student tarrifs. I pay £25 p/m and get 120 anytime minutes, and 1000 texts a month.

I'm sure they'll have changed it a bit by now, but well worth a look

Soldato
my sister got a very good deal on orange, i think it was 600 minuites and 1000 texts for £30pcm.

Had to ring them up, git much better than the web deal, she had to have a nokia 6280 though

Associate
I've just got a SE K800i on Orange Canary 30 from the Carphone Warehouse with 6 months half price line rental. An 18 month contract means this equates to £25/mo. The CPW employees will also throw in "deal clinchers" if you ask them, I got 20% of all accessories within 21 days and a free iPod Nano, but I don't know if it was cause it was a new store or not. Suffice to say I'm a happy bunny, I'm happy going with CPW over direct stores cause of the customer service, the insurance they offer has been voted the best also.

:)

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Rob_65 said:
I've just got a SE K800i on Orange Canary 30 from the Carphone Warehouse with 6 months half price line rental. An 18 month contract means this equates to £25/mo. The CPW employees will also throw in "deal clinchers" if you ask them, I got 20% of all accessories within 21 days and a free iPod Nano, but I don't know if it was cause it was a new store or not. Suffice to say I'm a happy bunny, I'm happy going with CPW over direct stores cause of the customer service, the insurance they offer has been voted the best also.

:)
That really depends on the store, who serves you, how much they need to reach their target etc.
Certainly nothing to be guaranteed :) I'm quite surprised they gave a free ipod nano.

Associate
How much is CPW insurance? I highly doubt it's the best available.. Orange have the best insurance policy direct as I recall..

£4.99 pm or something, and you don't even need it on.. half the time they tell you to just add it on once you've reported a fault with the handset that is not covered under the manufacturer warranty, or charge you a small fee for a new phone...

Soldato
Welshy said:
If your a student, with a UCAS number to prove it, Orange have some excellent student tarrifs. I pay £25 p/m and get 120 anytime minutes, and 1000 texts a month.

I'm sure they'll have changed it a bit by now, but well worth a look

a lot of people seem to love that offer, but im with O2, £30/month for 1000texts and 400-600minutes anytime. Been with them 1 year so might be advantage slightly but im sure you can get better deals regardless of being a student!

Associate
Kappa said:
Is that not fraud?

I'm not sure, but I highly doubt it considering it's the 'insurer' that's making the offer to you. It's not like you're not trying to bypass any of their systems as such..

Back
Top Bottom