pc3200 question

Associate
thinking of sticking 2gb of pc3200 and a 3800x2 in my rig on payday, not too fussed about massive fps or huge resolutions but is pc3200 ram going to be ok for the latest games for say a year. taking into account there are 2gb of it and a dual core cpu

i know ddr2/3 is comin in but i realy aint up to spending that amount of cash :D

Soldato
no point buying cpu and ddr1 ram. if u gonna buy the cpu and the ram u may as well go for ddr2 and conroe. all u need is a new mobo which can be had cheapo. far better returns

Soldato
well, the way i see it, x2 3800 can be had for £110 inc vat and delivery. and 2 gigs of ddr1 ram will cost you around the same as ddr2 ram.

you would be better off waiting an extra month and then spending your cash on ddr2 ram, and a bottom of the range conroe cpu. and a cheapo mobo. the end results will be far better and more futureproof.

check my sig out. even though i got the ram already and the rest of my spec is not too shabby i still won't pay out for a x2 3800 since its gains are really not worth the cash today. sure the x2 3800 will really shine over my opteron next year or so but if i wait till next year and spend my 100 quid then im sure i will get a killer cpu.

then again it all depends on what your currently doing.

if you already had the ram and were just after a cpu upgrade then it would be worth it. but for me i will not bother unless an fx60 comes along real cheapo.

Back
Top Bottom