Are Some People That Desperate?

Soldato
I took a friend of mine, who was visiting from Wales, to Oceana (Kingston one) on Monday, and we were pretty drunk and having a good time.

Some random guy started dancing with my friend, so I just stood by, keeping an eye on her. The random guys brother obviously wanted him to get it off with my friend, and so tried to get rid of me, by starting on me. I usually don't like to fight, so I just explained that I was looking out for my friend, and it was all resolved peacefully. So, I was standing in front of the speaker, keeping an eye on my friend, sipping my Stella, when all of a sudden these guys come back and start telling me to "**** off!" I really didn't want to get into a fight or anything so I started looking around for the nearest bouncer, but before I could find one, I get punched in the face :eek:

I was quite drunk, so it didn't really hurt, but I was slightly dazed. Then, nefore I know it, these guys have gone up to the bouncer and told him that I punched them :confused: - I guess they hoped I would get kicked out... but the bouncer said "it takes two to tango" and kicked us all out. The bouncers just didn't believe me, and told me to stop pretending as I was rubbing my jaw, massaging the bruised side.

Anyways, managed to call my friend and got her to come out, and we got the taxi straight home. Luckily, the taxi stand is right outside, so the guys who were obviously waiting to beat me up couldn't exactly do anything right in front of the bouncers :)

Permabanned
I don't really hit town that much as there are two many ***** out. At least you came off ok a bruised chin is better than getting knifed.

At least you and your mate are both ok.

But on a lighter note, Stella, thats a wife beater drink :D

Soldato
Sounds to me like you were with your friend she was having a good time with a guy, and you were basically trying to protect her from this guy by just staring at the two of them... If you were with her then stand your ground, if you want to be with her same same. If youre just a friend she can make her own decisions, i'm sure she's old enough, doesn't need grandpa watching over her all night.

Don
Spacky said:
I don't really hit town that much as there are two many ***** out.

I go down town ( Mansfield :eek: ) every Friday and never get in any bother at all , I think as you get older you learn some sort of natural ability to avoid problems ( either that or the thugs feel sorry for the "old" bloke :p )

Soldato
OP
LeperousDust said:
Sounds to me like you were with your friend she was having a good time with a guy, and you were basically trying to protect her from this guy by just staring at the two of them... If you were with her then stand your ground, if you want to be with her same same. If youre just a friend she can make her own decisions, i'm sure she's old enough, doesn't need grandpa watching over her all night.

Yes I know she can make her own decisions, which is why I left them together and stood back and kept an eye on her. She was pretty drunk, and since she was my guest and staying at my place, I did what any good friend would do and kept an eye on her. What sort of friend would I be if I left her with some random guys in the state she was in - she couldn't even remember what the guy looked like the next day!

Permabanned
Danger Phoenix said:
I took a friend of mine, who was visiting from Wales, to Oceana (Kingston one) on Monday, and we were pretty drunk and having a good time.

Some random guy started dancing with my friend, so I just stood by, keeping an eye on her. The random guys brother obviously wanted him to get it off with my friend, and so tried to get rid of me, by starting on me. I usually don't like to fight, so I just explained that I was looking out for my friend, and it was all resolved peacefully. So, I was standing in front of the speaker, keeping an eye on my friend, sipping my Stella, when all of a sudden these guys come back and start telling me to "**** off!" I really didn't want to get into a fight or anything so I started looking around for the nearest bouncer, but before I could find one, I get punched in the face :eek:

I was quite drunk, so it didn't really hurt, but I was slightly dazed. Then, nefore I know it, these guys have gone up to the bouncer and told him that I punched them :confused: - I guess they hoped I would get kicked out... but the bouncer said "it takes two to tango" and kicked us all out. The bouncers just didn't believe me, and told me to stop pretending as I was rubbing my jaw, massaging the bruised side.

Anyways, managed to call my friend and got her to come out, and we got the taxi straight home. Luckily, the taxi stand is right outside, so the guys who were obviously waiting to beat me up couldn't exactly do anything right in front of the bouncers :)

More to the point - did your friend 'reward' you?

Man of Honour
Rotty said:
I go down town ( Mansfield :eek: ) every Friday and never get in any bother at all , I think as you get older you learn some sort of natural ability to avoid problems ( either that or the thugs feel sorry for the "old" bloke :p )
I've not had (or even seen) any serious bother for a long, long time now.

There was a little bit on the day of the 2nd England group game, but that is to be expected. I was in a big city, it was hot and everyone was on all day benders. I only saw the aftermath though.

Before that I can't even remember the last time I saw trouble. It used to be every time I went out something would kick off.

Soldato
Danger Phoenix said:
Yes I know she can make her own decisions, which is why I left them together and stood back and kept an eye on her. She was pretty drunk, and since she was my guest and staying at my place, I did what any good friend would do and kept an eye on her. What sort of friend would I be if I left her with some random guys in the state she was in - she couldn't even remember what the guy looked like the next day!

nothing wrong with it at all , when ever i go out with my gf and her mates i have to look after all of them on my own :o try hearding 8 very very drunk women 2 miles down the road all on your own , its like a 3ft man trying to heard sheep with elastic bands :(

Permabanned
Rotty said:

Well in Cardiff I just avoid places near the trainstation within the city centre as its full of out of town rif raf.

Danger Phoenix said:
I just knew you were going to come along and make a comment about my drink :p

No animal in nature drinks its own **** and man should not break that mould.

Soldato
Danger Phoenix said:

You never mentioned she was drunk, just that you were. It just sounds to me that you were being over protective, and that might have been what brought this on with this guy and his friends.

Soldato
Killa_ken said:
nothing wrong with it at all , when ever i go out with my gf and her mates i have to look after all of them on my own :o try hearding 8 very very drunk women 2 miles down the road all on your own , its like a 3ft man trying to heard sheep with elastic bands :(
Prehaps tell them in future not to get so drunk, or not have them just use you as someone to look after them so they can get home. Or carry on if you enjoy it :)

Don
Gilly said:
Before that I can't even remember the last time I saw trouble. It used to be every time I went out something would kick off.

do you think that you generate a maturity that helps you avoid trouble or that things have got better over recent years ?

Soldato
LeperousDust said:
Prehaps tell them in future not to get so drunk, or not have them just use you as someone to look after them so they can get home. Or carry on if you enjoy it :)

if you knew these girls its like telling a homeless dude not to pick up the £1,000 he just found on the floor :p

besides their all hawwt and walking down the road with 8 sexy ladys isnt too bad :D

Back
Top Bottom