in the market for a new headset

Associate
I play a lot of online fps games such as counter strike source, battlefield 2 and ut2004. For the moment I listen through either my 2.1 speaker system or my icemat syberia headset.

As you may know, this headset has a mic that is detachable and can be attached to the monitor or even a shirt lapel. My voice is quite low and monotone, so the thing doesnt fare well in picking up my voice when its attached to my screen, and securing it to my shirt lapel is tricky so im in the market for a new headset.

Im looking to spend somewhere in the 35-50 quid bracket, and Ive been looking at the speedlink medusa 5.1, does anyone know if these are good? Do they actually have sound that could fool someone into thinking that they are listening through a 5.1 speaker setup? Also the manufacturer speedlink, I dont think theyre very renowned in the audio department and they generally make budget products.

If someone here who owns this headset could tell me what theyre like, or perhaps point me towards another headset which is available in the same price bracket.

Im looking for a headset that MUST have a mic that is stuck on the unit, Im also looking for a headset that would provide comfort for someone with a head that would put wayne rooney to shame, oh I also have big ears so large earpadmuffswhatever would be great.

Cheers :)

Associate
Got the medusas here. Love them. To some extent, the 5.1 is audible, but really a better quality stereo headset would be better.

I likes them, though, and the built in headset amp is very useful.

Back
Top Bottom