Keyboard solo in Sexy Boy

Soldato
By Air... wow. Never really listened to it before, but that little synth hollow keyboard sounding solo really hits the nail on the head. I think the album has the better version as it has a precursory build up to the solo which is equally awesome.

I'm a guitar man which probably makes it even better, you just cant create sounds like that no matter what kit you've got... not as good anyway :p

Soldato
OOh I recently got into Air :cool: Nice music indeedy, very summery.

The keyboard solo didn't particularly grab me by the balls though as I can't remember it... Dream Theater/Yes keyboard solos however...

Permabanned
Andelusion said:
OOh I recently got into Air :cool: Nice music indeedy, very summery.

The keyboard solo didn't particularly grab me by the balls though as I can't remember it... Dream Theater/Yes keyboard solos however...

Think classic monophonic MOOG.

BRRRR BOOOR BERRRR BRUUUU

*n

Soldato
Moog is a company famous for making monophonic synthesisers.

A monophonic synthesiser is basically a keyboard on which you can only play one note at a time (so no chords etc) you can manipulate the tonal qualities of this note in real time by tweaking an array of knobs and buttons, enabling you to get some funkay sounds.

Soldato
alexthecheese said:
Ah, ok. I'd heard of Moog but not the monophonic (though obviously that just means single sound) synths.

They're proper expensive aren't they?

Yeah think so, my old guitar teacher recently bought one of their anniversary moog synths signed by bob moog, I think there's only 15 in the country or something.

I think the mini moog is the cheapest model they do, although I'm not sure..

Back
Top Bottom