Anybody want a 306?

Soldato
Hi,

If this is against forum rules, I apologise and please delet this, but i'm not selling anything!!

I have a 306 XR Phase 1 1.6.

Bad bits:

Very hard to get key in the door, ignition is fine.
Gearbox is on it's way out, there is a loud whine from the diff inside the car
Exterior condition is not the best, hole in bumper and dent in wing

Good bits:

Engine 1.6 TU engine, starts instantly, very very responsive, RR at 98bhp I gave the graph somewhere (butterfly wedge restriction removed).
Comfortable, rides nice, dampers good etc

http://web.ukonline.co.uk/alew/DSCF0023.JPG

It doesn't have alloys and that doesn't show the dents, will get a "new" picture later!

If nobody is interested, I will put on ebay but can't really be bothered, just want to get rid as it has no TAX / MOT and is on council land. Naighbours will get arsey. :rolleyes:

Soldato
OP
Yes I should have made it clear the car is free, would make a good first car for someone who can change a gearbox and do some TLC...

Ideal for a student due to low insurance etc, and has been reliable apart from the 'box.

Oh and i forgot to mention the head was taken apart by 'street racers' (local garage) and gordon replaced the head gasket, cleaned the head, adjusted the tappets and I swear I got the cambet / tensioners done, will just go check. Engine is great for a little 1.6.

First dibs to Andr3w now tho... :)

Soldato
OP
Come on Ross show your face, come get car tomorrow I should have douments then, and service history etc. Address emailed.

Batf1nk you can have it if Ross does not email back. Addres emailed to you too!

Ahh so much easier than actually selling the car. :p

Back
Top Bottom