Passed my test!

Associate
I had my test today at 17:37 in the middle of Guildford, and it was horrible... but I passed.

I never want to do one of those again... ever. Doing a test at rush hour is not recommended. I ended up with 13 minors :eek:, the test centre is right next to one of the largest junctions in Guildford and the first thing he did was take me there. I got really really nervous, i.e. panic attack style nervous, I was getting really confused and cars, bikes, and pedestrians were running all over the place and I started racking up the minors at the rate of a couple a minute. My legs were shaking and I was seriously cacking it.

Fortunately I snapped out of it when I was back on familiar roads, and started driving a lot better, and the second half of the test I drove perfectly.

I completely expected to have failed, but when I got to the test centre the guy said "I'm happy to tell you that you've passed, despite what seemed to be your best efforts to fail". :(

I should really be happy to have passed, but to be honest it feels a bit hollow because I haven't driven that badly since my 6th lesson. It's annoying, because usually I'm (in my opinion) a really good driver by novice standards, I just suck when it comes to tests. Oh well, I guess if the examiner had thought I was dangerous he wouldn't have passed me. I'm definitely considering further tuition now though, especially considering my choice of car.

Also the examiner said I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my license back from the DVLA... but my instructor said that was rubbish, so I phoned up the DVLA and they said that was rubbish too... (The examiner gave me my license back however, so I have to send off my pass certificate tomorrow, so I won't actually have anything to prove I passed which could be dodgy if I get pulled over).

Soldato
Kazzan said:
Also the examiner said I wasn't allowed to drive until I got my license back from the DVLA... but my instructor said that was rubbish, so I phoned up the DVLA and they said that was rubbish too... (The examiner gave me my license back however, so I have to send off my pass certificate tomorrow, so I won't actually have anything to prove I passed which could be dodgy if I get pulled over).

Haha they tried that one on me. :D I didn't fall for it. ;)

Associate
OP
Acolyte said:
Congrats, but you will need to get used to hairy situations on the roads, very common indeed!

We drove down to Brighton in it on Sunday and experienced lots of hairy situations without falling apart. I guess having a woman in a skimpy top in the passenger seat calmed my nerves a lot more than a middle-aged man with a clipboard and yellow jacket did. :D

Soldato
Kazzan said:
We drove down to Brighton in it on Sunday and experienced lots of hairy situations without falling apart. I guess having a woman in a skimpy top in the passenger seat calmed my nerves a lot more than a middle-aged man with a clipboard and yellow jacket did. :D

Yeah that always helps :cool:

Back
Top Bottom