psw

Associate
hi,
earlier when i took my computer case off (i didnt change anything) then i put it back on and when i put the power cable into the psw i heard a pop and i think i have shroted it out, so i took the psw out and took it apart the fuse inside is brown so i think that has blown so if i un-solder the fuse and get my dad to find one with the right ampage and solder the new one on would it work or is it a waste of time
thanks,
dan

Soldato
PSU?

They hold a deadly charge for quite a while, it really isnt worth it and I don't know if it would even work. RMA it if you can or buy a replacement.

Soldato
Fuses die for a reason. The fuse died to prevent further damage or fire due to another fault.

What psu is it? Some random cheap no name brand connected to 1000s of £s worth of kit?

Associate
Raikiri said:
PSU = Power Supply Unit
CPU = Central Processing Unit
PSW = nothing

PSU = That block you put the mains plug into that has wires going into things in your comp
CPU = That thing in the middle which is covered by a bigger metal which normally has a fan on
PSW = nothing
:cool:

Leave the PSU for a while man, the capacitors in there hold a deadly charge for days. Leave it a week at least, or try and RMA it. Is it a major brand one though (antec/seasonic/enermax etc.) or just an el cheapo (powerking or some funny name like that) If it's an el cheapo, just get a new one, it's not worth repairing.

Back
Top Bottom