fao: freefaller (and other frenchophiles)

Soldato
ok, you know when you have that feeling when you go to somewhere new and you feel like you've been there before (for instance) and the french have a name for that feeling... "deja vu".

well aparantly the french also have a name for another feeling that we don't; the post-argument "omg i should have said....".

in other words, you know how when you get owned in an argument then later after the event you think "ha! if i'd said *this* then he would have looked like a fool and i'd have won the argument".

only by then it is of course too late.

Well aparantly there is a french term for this also. i heard it a while back and it's bugging the hell out of me that i can't remember. it's mainly irritating because it's something i'm always thinking. i'm rubbish at arguments. :/

i imagine nobody has the slightest clue what i'm going on about. but worth a shot... ;)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I know the feeling, took a couple of reads to get what you were on about though.

The sort of "OMFG I was going to talk about sausages for a second, that would've been ROFL embarressing" feeling.

I don't know what the french is for it.

Soldato
OP
Zefan said:
The sort of "OMFG I was going to talk about sausages for a second, that would've been ROFL embarressing" feeling.
kind of, but not quite... it's more like if someone said "you have a big nose" and you go home crying, but at home you think "damn i should have said - yes but you're ginger".

it's the whole "i SHOULD have said..." thing.

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Phnom_Penh said:
Do what now? :p

There ANY point to that post? Jeez I thought I was a spammer but this takes the biscuitr. OH LOOK A TYPO. Go on, quote my typo why don't you, you REALLY must have a thing about them so go on, do it.

Man of Honour
SiriusB said:
Issues.

SiriusB

Yup, especially with people who feel the need to sign their posts. Do you actually know that I can read your name by just twitching my eyeballs left a bit?

and yes I am wound up tonight, I need me a drink.

Associate
Lol i seriously have that feeling all the time. I think i get exactly what you mean. altho i dont know the word for it

and for Zefan seriously dude im sure uve seen plenty of people post about typos before :p
Get that drink quickly! And make sure its a proper drink too!

Back
Top Bottom