insurance on an RX-8?

Soldato
What are the circumstances? for all we know he could have had drink driving convictions and whatnot.

does seem a little wrong thou

Man of Honour
What does he drive now ? And how much does that cost to insure? What's the area like for crime etc?

Sounds rather high to me, I'm sure I could be insured for less than that in my area.

Ev0

Ev0

Soldato
It's just an insurer who doesn't like insuring them so they give stupid quotes so they never have to :)

Or there's a very young named driver on the policy.

Soldato
Probably his insurer just doesnt want that type of business.

My mum is in her late 40s and has an RX8 (admittedly only the 190 one) and pays £300 or so per year fully comp with my dad also as a named driver.

She has 9 years no claims or something silly, the maximum they'd let her enter on the webpage form, and an SP30 about 3 years ago.

This is with Norwich Union (iirc)

On the other hand CIS (co-operative insurance) who were her previous insurers and she had been with them claim free for 6 years, refused to even quote for it unless she had a tracker fitted. Having seen the Norwich Union quote, it wasnt even worth looking into the price of a tracker.

So, in conclusion, it could just be the insurers way of saying "sorry, we dont go for customers with cars like that" - get him to do a quote elsewhere.

Associate
OP
bingham67 said:
Well im 19 no convictions etc and cost £4,000 to insure on RX-8 so something got to be wrong there. :D

my sister is 22 and they wouldnt let her on it...

anyway theres no crime where we live, often leave the ipod in me car windows down..haha

i think tis a job for confused .com

Back
Top Bottom