Cheap 19 inch LCD monitor

Associate
I'm looking for 2 19 inch LCD monitors for my PC. Nothing flashy, just using them for mutlitabling Party Poker, watching films and playing a few games. What are the OcUK Gamer 198YP 19" LCD Monitor - Black/Silver (MO-015-OK)
like?

Man of Honour
May I be the first to recommend the Hanns-G widescreen. It's the best value widescreen TFT available from here. It has both DVI and VGA inputs and has better specs than monitors £30 more expensive than it.

Associate
OP
Zefan said:
It should be great seeing as it has exactly the same specs etc.

Why don't you want widescreen? It really is far better, I wish I had one :(

Well, I'd never really considered it tbh. What are the advantages? Just as good for surfing the internet, msn etc as a regular ratio screen?

Last edited:
Man of Honour
I'd say it's better, the same way viewing a widescreen TV is more easy on the eye. Actually I've never used one for any large length of time, but it really wont be long before the traditional 4:3 screens are replaced entirely by widescreens.

Look up the golden ratio, it's quite interesting and gives reasons for the shape of our letter paper, our photograph sizes and or screen shape too.

Associate
OP
I study architecture, so I know all about the golden ratio, can't get away from the thing or so it seems! I'll take your word for it and go for two of the Hanns-G widescreens! Thanks for the advice!

Man of Honour
Can I ask you a favour?

When you receive them could you post back here saying what you think of them regarding picture quality and dead pixels?

It's just I've been thinking about getting one of these for a while now and am so verrrrrrry close to ordering.

Back
Top Bottom