Temps on Scythe Ninja?

Associate
Have finished building my pc in an akasa eclipse 62 with X2 4600 with AS5 paste.
Temps seem a little bit high with the ninja on, dont know if this is because the AS5 has to bed in or I am used to my old 3500.
Idle - 40 - 43
Load 50 (53 with prime)

Took ninja off a few times and redid paste with instructions from artic silver website (1 and 1/2 rice grain size)
Same temps when I redid it
Will this settle down when AS beds in?

Soldato
TBH i would not worry about temps around 530c if they were higher then yes but they are ok , dont forget if your room temp is anything like mine then once this warm weather passes it will drop a bit, as it will when the AS5 sets in. :)

Associate
i have a 4600 hooked up with a sl-120 and currently sitting at 40 degs idle, however in "normal" non heatwave weather it will sit nicely at 32 degs with ambient at 29/30, this is in the kandalf case also

Associate
OP
chovi said:
i have a 4600 hooked up with a sl-120 and currently sitting at 40 degs idle, however in "normal" non heatwave weather it will sit nicely at 32 degs with ambient at 29/30, this is in the kandalf case also

What are your load temps?

Will hopefully see if AS5 beds in and its well hot here as well

Associate
marv_1 said:
Have finished building my pc in an akasa eclipse 62 with X2 4600 with AS5 paste.
Temps seem a little bit high with the ninja on, dont know if this is because the AS5 has to bed in or I am used to my old 3500.
Idle - 40 - 43
Load 50 (53 with prime)

Took ninja off a few times and redid paste with instructions from artic silver website (1 and 1/2 rice grain size)
Same temps when I redid it
Will this settle down when AS beds in?

It will settle down, my Scythe Ninja Plus started very similar a week ago 40°C - 43°C idle and easily hitting 50° - 55°C loaded room temp at 24°C.

Calmed nicely now to 38°C - 40°C idle, and 48°C - 53°C loaded thats with a higher room temp of 25°C. This is with and overclocked system check signature below :)

Last edited:
Associate
at the mo, load will go up to 52/53 but under normal weather it sits at say.......47 max..............clocked to 2.7 takes full load to 52/53 in normal weather.

Associate
chovi said:
at the mo, load will go up to 52/53 but under normal weather it sits at say.......47 max..............clocked to 2.7 takes full load to 52/53 in normal weather.

What cooling for these figures? I imagine when the weather in my area drops to normal I will have loaded temps on my overclocked system of less than 50°C.

My normal room temp is 14°C - 20°C max.

:) Joke of the day :)
Whats is an IG?

Answer:- teliot a tuohtiw oolgi na stI (Read backwards)

Soldato
Hmm my ninja sitting on top of my AMD 4400 @ 2640 Mhz ( 1.5 Volts )

Doesn't get over 50oc when playing battlefield 2..

I do have very good case cooling though.

Associate
TaKeN said:
Hmm my ninja sitting on top of my AMD 4400 @ 2640 Mhz ( 1.5 Volts )

Doesn't get over 50oc when playing battlefield 2..

I do have very good case cooling though.

You have a wind tunnel then :) and you have to use hand signals to communicate when the pc is on :) LOL

:) Joke of the day :)
Whats is an IG?

Answer:- teliot a tuohtiw oolgi na stI (Read backwards)

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Jleo said:
It will settle down, my Scythe Ninja Plus started very similar a week ago 40°C - 43°C idle and easily hitting 50° - 55°C loaded room temp at 24°C.

Calmed nicely now to 38°C - 40°C idle, and 48°C - 53°C loaded thats with a higher room temp of 25°C. This is with and overclocked system check signature below :)

That makes me feel better, just a little bit worried that ninja wasnt doing the job and as this is a new and my first x2 chip not used to higher temps with it.
Hopefully will see temps come down after a week

Associate
marv_1 said:
That makes me feel better, just a little bit worried that ninja wasnt doing the job and as this is a new and my first x2 chip not used to higher temps with it.
Hopefully will see temps come down after a week

The part that bugs me most is that the cpu has to be allowed to cool down in other words you have to turn it off and let it cool every now and again this is a complete cyle the more times is does this the quicker the temps will stabilise. I hate turning my pc off, its like soothing music, psu hum and the gentle woosh of 120mm fans :) You don't think this is weird do you? ;)

Happy 100 to me happy 100 to me.... he was 1 he was 2...zzzzzzzzzz
By the time I'm 10,000, here's hopin' I don't look worse than Jokester :)LOL

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Jleo said:
The part that bugs me most is that the cpu has to be allowed to cool down in other words you have to turn it off and let it cool every now and again this is a complete cyle the more times is does this the quicker the temps will stabilise. I hate turning my pc off, its like soothing music, psu hum and the gentle woosh of 120mm fans :) You don't think this is weird do you? ;)

Happy 100 to me happy 100 to me.... he was 1 he was 2...zzzzzzzzzz
By the time I'm 10,000, here's hopin' I don't look worse than Jokester :)LOL

Bugs me too about the temp stabilise thing, sounds like you have to run something intensive turn it off hour later turn on again. How long is that going to take?
Also read here that you have to redo the AS5 after 6 months, dont know why, so the temp cycle would begin again.
Bust your 100 cherry, now u can get your gangster pic on

Back
Top Bottom