freind has offerd to sell his laptop to me for gaming can you rate it for me plz ?

Suspended
Hi just about to buy this laptop from a freind for £750 which includes a 300GB lacie USB hard drive + laptop bag.

I am guessing that games like F.E.A.R will not run on this laptop very good, but will most games run ok on it, game I will want to play most is rome total war.

thanks for any help !

might consider changing my mind if you guys think I can get a better system.

Sony Vaio A617M - VGN-A617M

Intel Pentium-M Centrino Processor 750 1.86GHz
1024MB DDRII SDRAM - Low cost double memory offer – call for details!
100GB Hard Drive
DVD Dual Layer Drive - To read DVDs and CDs and write CDs, DVD+, DVD- and large Dual Layer DVD
17.0" XGA X-Black Widescreen TFT Screen
ATI Mobility Radeon X700 PCI-E 256MB HyperMemory graphics
Integrated wireless 802.11b/g LAN - Call for advice on Wireless networking
Integrated Bluetooth
Integrated 3-in-1 card reader – reads Memory Stick, Memory Stick Pro and Memory Stick Duo
Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition Pre Loaded
All laptops come with either full restore disks or a restore partition, Power Adaptor and leads

MAX resolution is 1440 x 900

Last edited:
Associate
I reckon thats a pretty decent spec indeed for a laptop, mine is similar apart from half the memory and the Grphics is Intel 128 onboard, but i can still play total war on me laptop no prob, even NFS Most Wanted no probs as well...

Also for the money its a pretty decent price imho....

Suspended
OP
I remeber reading a post on here from a guy who has the x700 and he says you can play F.E.A.R no problems on his laptop as he edited the config file of the game or something to make it run smoother.

Is this something that is well known on here as I would love to no what to do ?

thanks for help

Soldato
Lots of games have config files for editing. I would check out the fear forums for specific edits to make the game run smoother. Its not just for laptops but all pcs generally.

Back
Top Bottom