pc on my tv - how to setup?

Lex

Lex

Associate
i want my computer to play movies through my tv set. I havent bought my tv yet but what exactly do i need?

I think i need an amplifier that has the converter so i can display my computer screen on the tv. Then its just a matter of adding speakers to the amp to get a cinema like affect?

can anyone recommend mean amp for less than 150quid? If i got the setup wrong please also let me know.

Permabanned
Tesla said:
Your post made no sense to me.

you see Lex, it's not just me ! :D :D :D

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/TV_Cards.html

Most TV cards you can get for a PC have a composite video output, (sometimes they have an S-VHS connector instead)

The TV will have a composite input, plug it in there.

Use the PC's soundcard for 5.1 channels.

--

note - some LCD TV's have a PC VGA connector letting you jack straight in

Lex

Lex

Associate
OP
bitslice said:
you see Lex, it's not just me ! :D :D :D

http://www.overclockers.co.uk/acatalog/TV_Cards.html

Most TV cards you can get for a PC have a composite video output, (sometimes they have an S-VHS connector instead)

The TV will have a composite input, plug it in there.

Use the PC's soundcard for 5.1 channels.

--

note - some LCD TV's have a PC VGA connector letting you jack straight in

mate ** so annoying lol. quit following me; )

thanks for your input tho its appreciated this time. Yes i know i think coz im dizzy when im at work i can only focus on my actual work when i come on here its like im a bit err vague :)

aMb

aMb

Associate
Composite and S-video dont particularly look too great. If you get an ATI graphics card itll have a component sync so itll be possible to pass RGB though the VGA socket which the TV will be able to accept.

Caporegime
All you need to do is connect the graphics card to the tv with a dvi cable, job done.

For audio you can just connect the sound card and amp with a coax cable.

No idea why someone is telling you to get a tv card.

Last edited:
Soldato
Buy a tv with VGA or DVI in (e.g. 90% of 26"+ LCDs/plasmas.

You can then plug the pc into the tv directly uising a vga or dvi cable (depending on the tv).

For sound you can either plug it in to the tv from your soundcard for stereo usage, or buy an AV amp, and connect your pc to that using the digital output on your pc. An amp will set you back anything from £200 plus whatever speakers you want.

Back
Top Bottom