• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Merom processor released with Conroe!?!

Associate
Merom processor released with Conroe!?! - Reuters news

Hi,

I just read the following article from THG:

THG said:
Santa Clara (CA) - Reuters this morning made public the news that is just minutes away from being made official: Intel will officially unveil its Conroe and Merom processor architectures into its Core 2 Duo series, in a gala announcement slated for 11:30 Eastern Time this morning. Multiple press sources in Europe and Asia have also picked up the news.

http://www.tomshardware.co.uk/2006/07/27/conroe_merom_release_expected_from_intel/

I thought only Conroe was going to be released?? Mr Intel Guy whats the scoop??

My Laptop says "mmmmm"

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Stelly said:
Thats interesting....

Stelly

Im so lost in the CPU release time line --- I didn't know Merom would be released with Conroe!

*scratches head* I'm pretty sure a lot of people wouldn't of? Or was this a dark secret everyone knew of except me lol :)

Mr Intel Guy...!!! Come on, you should have been well informed of this, what's the scoop!!

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Stelly said:
Heard small mumbles but nothing definate

Stelly

4MB L2 *drools* 14 stage efficient pipeline *drowns in spit* Shame that Intel didn't advertise it - unless I have been completely blinded by the Conroe ads...

keithwalton said:
If you've been reading the inquirer you'd of read that the merom release date had been pushed forward from august to this week along with the desktop chip.

Yeah...but...but...that's the inquirer... :) I totally missed that point then :(

Back
Top Bottom