Funny things people have said about your cars?

Caporegime
Just reading a thread on another forum about funny comments people have said about your car.

So who's had some, for example at petrol stations.

Soldato
At work:

"Hey is that your mums car?"

"Hey, you a hairdresser now?"

When it's sunny:

"I wish I had a car like yours today"

"You look like James Bond in that thing" (I think they're taking the **** tbh :o )

That's about my MX-5 btw, another thing I get asked all the time is how I can afford one at my age. Funny thing is my old car cost a fair bit more, and no-one battered an eyelid. :D

Soldato
Not things that have been said, but the way people look at mine :D

Some of the stages its been through, and it's latest body filler stage... they're looks of disgust.

Really looking forward to the...

"WHAT THE **** HAVE YOU GOT UNDER THE BONNET"

remarks though :cool:

Soldato
Is that a Civic Type R
Have you got a dump valve

etc etc etc

And my personal favourite - two school boys come up to me one lunchtime and knocked the window -

"Oooh maaaan, HEAVY car man, HE.....VY c a r"
"How much does it weigh"?

Man of Honour
All sorts of interesting comments from people who clearly know nothing about cars..

'Whoa, this is posh' - people at Uni when giving them a lift. No, its a V reg Mondeo, it isnt 'posh'.

'Is that your Dads car?'

'How did you afford something like that?' - People with no understanding of the wonders of depreciation and think that becuase their W reg Focus cost them £5k on finance, my similar age Mondeo with leather seats must have cost twice that becuase its bigger.

'What happened to your old car? It was nicer' - Friend at Uni when I picked her up in the 530d instead of the Mondeo.

Man of Honour
agw_01 said:
Fox, those are fantastic :D

I think they show how much we on here get carried away with cars, most non car people know absolutely nothing about the things we fret about and if your car is shiney and has leather seats its obviously posh and expensive, yet turn up in something worth 10 times as much with cloth seats and you've 'downgraded'.

Man of Honour
merlin said:
Haha! Wounder! :D

I pointed out an immaculate, uber looking 528i Sport when it passed us on a trip to Hampshire once, said 'Yea, im after one of those'. She said 'But its the same as this isnt it?'

Doh.

Doh x 10.

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
"Is it a TVR?"
"Is it a Porsche?"
"What is it?"
"That's one of those funny engined things isn't it?"
"I bet you think you're VAN diesel in that"

And always, without fail, at every fill up:

"Want to swap?" (usually somebody in a rusty Transit)

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom