• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

amd 4600x2 what stepping you got

Associate
as title got my 4600 today but was a little dissapointed to find it is a year old 05 30 .what did everybody else get ?
secondly am i right in thinking amd dropped the wattage the later ones used ?

Associate
slap ed said:
what temps you got marv 1 ? mines idleing at 49 centigrade i might try and reseat as think that is quite high :confused:

mmm, that is quite high, the stepping i got was CDBHE 0530MPMW, mine idles around 28-29c on a full load around 33c, sorry but I did create another thread regarding this....

Associate
slap ed said:
as title got my 4600 today but was a little dissapointed to find it is a year old 05 30 .what did everybody else get ?
secondly am i right in thinking amd dropped the wattage the later ones used ?

and possibly more likely an E4 Stepping like mine...

Associate
slap ed said:
zalman 9500 aeroflower :)

I was thinking of getting that one but went for the Ninja

dark4orz said:
mmm, that is quite high, the stepping i got was CDBHE 0530MPMW, mine idles around 28-29c on a full load around 33c, sorry but I did create another thread regarding this....

Thats good temps on your one what cooler and paste r u using?

Associate
dark4orz said:
Well, I am just using Stock HSF and the thermal pad which was installed on the HSF, but my case is awsome here's a pic:

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/7733/mio5601axh6.jpg

http://img249.imageshack.us/img249/9469/mio5601bgc0.jpg

Now I see why, that a 240mm fan in there? no wonder yours is cool.

Ive got an Akasa eclipse 62 with 2 x 120 fans in it and my mb temps are lower than my previious case.

As I have been told its to do with hot weather and paste needs to cycle and settle. Will see how it is after a few days.

slap ed said:
what temps you got marv 1 ? mines idleing at 49 centigrade i might try and reseat as think that is quite high :confused:

That does seem high for idle, are u using the zalman paste? might just need to bed in same as mine but reseating might do it

Associate
marv_1 said:
Now I see why, that a 240mm fan in there? no wonder yours is cool.

Ive got an Akasa eclipse 62 with 2 x 120 fans in it and my mb temps are lower than my previious case.

As I have been told its to do with hot weather and paste needs to cycle and settle. Will see how it is after a few days.

yes its a case with a 250mm fan with 120mm intake, 120mm rear with a 120mm top blowout on my Lovely DFI Venus...

Associate
sorry for jumping in but got mine today is there any special driver you have to put on for dual core i no there is a optimizer driver for it but is there any other. and my temps are running at 35 and 36 idle with standard HSF

Associate
Got it installed. I've put the driver in and getting some weird stuff from MSI Core centre. It's showing between 590Mhz then 2411, then 4233. CPUz shows two cores both at roughly 2411. Am I to presume that Core Centre was created prior to dual core and its freaking it out? Is there some better software I can get for this? Sorry for the Newb questions, but I'm a dual core newb. Idle is at 36 degrees according to Core Centre.

Back
Top Bottom