VCore Waring Message

Associate
Hi there, if this is in the wrong forum please move.

I have recently purchased and installed my new ASUS A8N32-SLI DELUXE and AMD Athlon 64 4000+ CPU.

With the new mb i got piece of software called PC PROBE II which tells me what temperature my rig is running at, no doubt a lot of you will of heard of it or use a similar thing.
Anyway being a bit of noob when it comes to this sort of thing i keep getting a message pop up every now and again while I'm not doing anything in particular saying "warning Vcore".

I have checked the reading of the vcore when this message pops up and its at 1.54v - 1.55v but its normally idle at 1.39v - 1.41v and it suddenly jumps in to the 1.50's, can any one tell me why this is happening and how to stop it. :confused:

Cheers

Greg

Soldato
Your Vcore value shouldn't so much as twitch, but it looks like yours is spiking - hence the warning.

What are your other voltages like? If they are all stable then it could be a mobo problem - its the motherboard that regulates the voltage for your CPU.

If other voltages are fluctuating then this would point to a PSU issue.

SiriusB

Associate
OP
My PSU is a brand new OCZ Game Xstream 600W so i hope its not broken.

The rest of the voltages are below.

+3.3 voltage = 3.26
+5 voltage = 5.11
+12 voltage = 12.29

The +5 and the +12 are fluctuating but the +3 is always on 3.26

Soldato
Have you noticed any other problems with the day to day running of your PC?

It could be normal for your PSU [doubt it though] or it could just be the software mis-reporting [bloody likely].

Only way to be sure is measure the rails directly using a multimeter. If your PC is running 100% OK then I would say your PSU is okay - but I would still test it.

SiriusB

Associate
OP
Ive only had it up and running 2 days since i rebuilt it, i havent had any problems with it in the time ive been using it (touch wood)

Think i will take your advice and test the rails when i can

For the moment i will just be ignorant and turn off pc probe.

Thank you to all who replied, much appreciated

Back
Top Bottom