Changing my name

Permabanned
Hi,

I wish to change my name via deed poll. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what was the experience like for you? Is it lots of fuss changing driving license, passport, cards etc?

Many thanks for any help,

Cobra

Soldato
Cobra said:
Hi,

I wish to change my name via deed poll. Has anyone done this before, and if so, what was the experience like for you? Is it lots of fuss changing driving license, passport, cards etc?

Many thanks for any help,

Cobra

I did mine via solicitor. It was done in a day then after that you will have to sort out the rest i.e changing old name to new one on all relevant document. it is a pain but you will be happy at the end of it all.

Permabanned
OP
Nah, I have a name sorted...

It's quite a minor change - I want to use the shortened version of my name and lose my middle name.

Permabanned
OP
ElRazur said:
I did mine via solicitor. It was done in a day then after that you will have to sort out the rest i.e changing old name to new one on all relevant document. it is a pain but you will be happy at the end of it all.
Can I ask how much it cost? Deed poll is £34.

And Stringy, Lt is actually not allowed as a name. Same as any other rank, or Sir, Dr, etc.

Suspended
Our entire family had a namechange in the early 90's. The legal work was simple, but obviously you can expect to have to spend a fair bit of time contacting all your banks and creditors, etc ... you will also have to provide proof of the namechange when applying for various things.

Soldato
MasterMike said:
Our entire family had a namechange in the early 90's. The legal work was simple, but obviously you can expect to have to spend a fair bit of time contacting all your banks and creditors, etc ... you will also have to provide proof of the namechange when applying for various things.

Were you MasterBater before? :p sorry :o

Soldato
Cobra said:
Can I ask how much it cost? Deed poll is £34.

And Stringy, Lt is actually not allowed as a name. Same as any other rank, or Sir, Dr, etc.

Cost me 80 pounds, that's what i paid the solicitor then another 5pounds to another solicitor to "Withness my signature" (commisioners of oath :confused: )

Permabanned
Sorry to be rude, but come on guys you have to tell us what your name was and wht you changed it to. I wouldn't want to change mine but I can understand it if you have a stupid name.

Suspended
johnson said:
my mate has documents and his name is now Ebaneezer Good. Only a few of his mates know lol

Ouch, at least he can change that back - my mate has a tattoo of the chemical diagram for the active ingredient in cannabis (tetrayhracannabinol) all over his back which I imagine he'll regret in 5-10 years time...

Back
Top Bottom