What deals have you got out of O2 online recently?

Soldato
I'm due to upgrade my phone, I called up yesterday and said I wanted an E900 which is out of stock until next week so i've to call back then.

Last year O2 gave me 100 mins and 500 texts for £15 (was usually £25). To get that I told them about a deal Orange were doing at the time but I can't find any better than the contract i'm on at the minute for the same money to bargain them down this year. Do you think I could lie a little about what other companies have offered me? I could really be doing with more text messages as I seem to send around 600+ a month but hardly use any of my free minutes.

I remember a load of people upgrading with O2 this time last year and so i'm just wondering what kind of deals you have gotten from them?

Thanks

Matt

Associate
I've been with O2 for around 3 years now on various online contracts but my most recent one was online 400. This contract was due for renewal last month so I did the usual - ring up O2 and say I wanted to switch to another provider, could I have my transfer code.

As usual, they assured me they could do me some kind of deal to keep me on O2 and they did pretty well!

1000 any time minutes and 750 texts for £20 a month + a brand new phone.

Always always tell them you're thinking about switching as they give you much better offers...

Rich

Soldato
OP
It would be great if they offered me something like that but i'd rather compromise some minutes for more texts as I use them more and possibly keep the line rental at £15. I'm just going to tell them I've been offered a contract with orange where I get 1000 texts and 200 mins for £20 and see what they say.

Associate
I told them I'd seen a deal with Orange - 100 anytime x-net minutes and 700txts/month on an 18month contract with a free E900 for £16.50/month (with cashback).

They only offered me 400txts and 100minutes, and at £21.50 a month, but a 12month contract. I said I didn't want to pay anymore per month than the Orange deal, and they offered 200txts and 100minutes for £12.50/month with the E900 on a 12month deal.

I've decided to take that because I don't really need anywhere near 700txts per month, I was just trying to use that as some leverage :D

But it seems like your loyalty (i.e how long you've been with them) is important for what sort of deal you can get. I've only had one contract with them before, for the last year, that must be why I didn't get offered anything like Oddball.

E900 is out of stock at the moment though, so I have to phoneback on the 26th to sort it out - they better not go back on the deal they offered me though! £12.50 a month is good for me.

Zaf

Zaf

Soldato
I rang up yesterday

Told them I could get 1000 txt and 500min and Free XDA mini with T-mobile for £35

So they offerd me 400min and 1000txt for £20 but £79 for the phone :mad:

Think going to move to t-mobile had enough of o2

Soldato
Im always afraid of them when i say, im thinking of leaving o2, can i have my pac code please, that they are going to go 'ok, have a nice day' and not get me a good deal.

Soldato
OP
I always say i'd like to see about either upgrading or cancelling my contract. This usually gets them talking to me about what I want and shows them straightout that i'm prepared to leave.

I was told to call back on the 24th about the E900. I hope it's in tomorrow because I'm going away next week and I need to be here to chase it up when DHL say they have no idea where my house is :( and so can't deliver (happens every single time)

Soldato
OP
Just of the phone to o2. I talked to the guy on the upgrade line and he wanted to charge me £89.99 for the Samsung E900 and would not budge on that so I told him I could get it for free on a contract elsewhere and how do I go about cancelling my contract. He put me through to retentions. The lady there asked why I wanted to cancel and I explained I could get the E900 free elsewhere to which she said she would knock £5 of my line rental making it £10 per month (it is supposed to be £25) but the phone would still cost £89.99. I accepted as she started to go on about if I wanted to take my number with me :eek:!

Soldato
OP
They're probably giving the W810i for free because the new K800i is out and they want rid of them. The only phones I was interested in was the E900 or the Nokia 6233 but the E900 looks to have better resale value which is my reason for choosing it because knowing me I won't have it for long.

Last year I found o2 much easier to bargain with. I managed to get £10 knocked of the line rental and the K750i for £29.99 but this year they wouldn't budge, especially on the price of the phone. I suppose £89.99 for the phone is good and £10 line rental is excellent especially considering my biggest ever bill was £25.54 last month which was the first time I ever went over the free allowance with the contract. I could probably recoupe the cost of the phone by selling the 6230i I purchased 4 months ago.

Associate
fireblade900 said:
Just got a SE K610i on online 200 @ £15 p/m. They did want £49.99 until I said I would leave it, then they changed their mind. If I don't like it, always have 14 days to return it.

I very nearly went for that phone, but wanted it in silver. Fussy I know :o

Is it good?

Soldato
i was on a online 200 deal,, was up last month, rang them up, told them i wanted to leave, through to retentions, told them, they offered me 400 mins, 1000 txts, plus a FREE K800, for £30 just like my old contract that i got my k750 with lol bargain lol

Soldato
please can anyone recommend me some online retailers, who i can be sure to get cash back off (due to seeing on tv the large amount of rogue mobile companies who never send the cashback cheques back to the consumers)? I've looked at e2save, they're quite good, any others?

Soldato
matthew_o50 said:
Last year I found o2 much easier to bargain with.

That's because last year they were trying to sell themsleves to Telefonica, so were focused on retaining as much of their customer base as possible by offering sill deals. Now they've been taken over they're not so interested. A lot of their customers are now on tariffs which are cheaper than they would normally be, so they're less likely to give further discounts to keep you onboard.

Krands1985 said:
I've only had one contract with them before, for the last year, that must be why I didn't get offered anything like Oddball.

You need to bear in mind that Oddball was on the Online 400 tariff, so was worth more to o2 than someone who is on a basic cheap tariff. The networks are usually more willing to bend over backwards tfor the bigger spenders.

Andy

Back
Top Bottom