Shock Horror.. I bought a Motor Bike

Permabanned
Ive finally purchased my first motor bike! :o Ive just bought an 03 Plate Yamaha DT125 with kick start. Its on 5k miles and is absolutely mint! :D Gotta book my CBT and i cant wait to get out on it! Its all black as well :D Got 12 months tax and 12 months mot and insurance is £188 Third Party only. Not bad, just hoping i can carry out the CBT without being too much off a wobbler! Ill get some pics when i bring it home! :)

Associate
SgtTupac said:
Ive finally purchased my first motor bike! :o Ive just bought an 03 Plate Yamaha DT125 with kick start. Its on 5k miles and is absolutely mint! :D Gotta book my CBT and i cant wait to get out on it! Its all black as well :D Got 12 months tax and 12 months mot and insurance is £188 Third Party only. Not bad, just hoping i can carry out the CBT without being too much off a wobbler! Ill get some pics when i bring it home! :)

CBT is sooooooo easy mate...i went into mine not knowing how to change gears at all!...if you fail it then post that you have cus i want to take the **** :D

Permabanned
Do they teach you everything in just 1 day or something? Ive only ever been on a motorcross bike twice and was fine changing gears but found it hard to start off without shooting forward and doing wheelies!

Soldato
You go there.

They sit you down, tell you about what to wear and not etc,

then you go and ride around some cones,

then you go back and watch some videos and stuff

then you go out on a two our road ride

You only fail if you are uber carp :p

Associate
Its soo hard to fail the CBT lol, My mate had to do it again when during the rideout on his fairly new Aprilia Sr50 he for somereason though that to turn at 20 mph you just turn the bars, i.e like a Push bike, Took me a while to stop laughing bout it. Get your CBT done and then go onto the full license

Associate
toy_soldier said:
Do they teach you everything in just 1 day or something? Ive only ever been on a motorcross bike twice and was fine changing gears but found it hard to start off without shooting forward and doing wheelies!
yep everything in a day. before my cbt id never been on a motorbike and the whole '1 down 5 up' gear system had me confused, but after spending the day doing the cbt i was confident and now have myself a cagiva mito 125 (and im bloody loving it!)

Soldato
Well done for joining the gay horde.

it will be leather chaps and jokes about throbing lumps between your thighs from now untill the day you realise cars are much better at everything.

Man of Honour
SgtTupac said:
Great input.. Considering i have a Rover GSI Turbo.. Why limit yourself? Plus im not wearing leathers. Im wearing something else :)

I think he was joking ;)

Great choice of bike. If you get your full licence you can unleash a bit more power from it for a couple of hundred quid. The DT125R rocks :cool:

Soldato
So what's involved if I wanna get myself a 125?

Do I just get myself along to the CBT place, do the test and I'm ok to ride up to a 125 as long as I have L plates on?

I've never ridden a bike (apart from my mini moto :D) but I passed my test back in 1992.

Soldato
zenith10 said:
ive got my cbt booked for saturday, bit nervous because ive never rode on the road

If you driven on roads in a car you will be fine. It's normal to feel a little 'open' and intimidated at first since cars suddenly take on a new feeling of threat, but after a while you'll but ok!

Man of Honour
eidolon said:
So what's involved if I wanna get myself a 125?

Do I just get myself along to the CBT place, do the test and I'm ok to ride up to a 125 as long as I have L plates on?

I've never ridden a bike (apart from my mini moto :D) but I passed my test back in 1992.

That's pretty much it. You'll probably want to upgrade to something a bit quicker after a while so it might be best to go for the DAS. You can do the CBT, ride with L plates for a while and if you decide you like it, just go for the DAS then :D

Pimpage of my DT125R video - http://www.scuzi.eclipse.co.uk/dtjump.avi

125's are fun :D

Last edited:
Soldato
SgtTupac said:
Great input.. Considering i have a Rover GSI Turbo.. Why limit yourself? Plus im not wearing leathers. Im wearing something else :)

Limit myself or people limiting themselves in general?

Got something against gays fella? ;)

Cars are better than bikes.

I was well over 130 at some points on the way back from mablethope last week with the wife on the back of my VTR, it was as exciting as watching paint dry.

Done that same road in my van and car and had a lot more fun.

Back
Top Bottom