K800i Orange Missing software

Associate
Ok had my SE K800i for a few weeks now and am very impressed by its features
but have noticed a few things missing.
when you take a photo, in the more bit there should be an item called blog this but in mine I dont have this.
Also I dont have the over the air update feature.
Is this an Orange thing ? any one with a K800i on Orange who could let me know if these features are on their phones or are missing bits.

amx

amx

Associate
Orange removed the blog feature, as did vodafone.
You need to flash it with the original SE firmware using Davinci to re-enable it i believe.

Associate
OP
thanks amx I thought as much.

Wish Orange would stop removing features on handsets that some of us may wish to use. :mad:
and what is with this fishing game where you have to dive and take photos of passing fish ,I cant even delete it, maybe next time they could put a locked game where you have to run round with a vacum cleaner and hoover the carpets in some house :rolleyes:

Man of Honour
amx said:
Orange removed the blog feature, as did vodafone.
You need to flash it with the original SE firmware using Davinci to re-enable it i believe.

Although remember that doing this will invalidate any warranty you have with Orange, SE (as you're not getting it done via official channels) as well as possibly breaking various network specific features (such as VPS notificition and line 2 functionality...)

amx

amx

Associate
ah, i didn't realise, I haven't really played with my phone as i'm considering switching to orange.
Although i only pay a minimal amount to vodafone and don't use the 100 minutes provided, although I regularly go over the text, the deal with orange (650 Mins and 1100 Texts) is too good to turn down if my usage were to increase.

Ninja Edit: I'm presuming the orange online 300 mins / 100 texts deal with 200 extra minutes, 150 3g minutes for life and 1000 free texts is the best deal at the moment?

Last edited:
Soldato
Orange are arses for messing with phones firmware, especially with the "orange homepage" thing they put on in the past. Thankfully there isn't a trace of this on my Orange branded Nokia N80 which I got around a month ago, so perhaps they've started listening to customers and just adding the basics to get network specific functionality but left off the more crippling "features".

amx

amx

Associate
My brother's got an orange K800 and the software is completely different to the vodafone one i have currently.
If you debrand it, will you lose any network features? (i presume you can setup the message centres etc again)

Soldato
Message centres and wap access etc can be easilly set up again, but you may not be able to use advanced features such as having a second line... but this is the kind of thing not many home users probably use anyway.

Also be aware the main disadvantage would be loss of warranty.

amx

amx

Associate
on a separate note, are mms messages considered part of your text allowance (i.e. they deduct 3 normal text messages), or do you pay per mms message?

Back
Top Bottom