Storm Corrosion?

Associate
Just been having a look at the Storm block I purchased very recently and have am a bit disconcerted by the appearance of the inside of the block:

It looks like there is some marking, possibly corrosion. Am I being paranoid? Does this look bad, or is it nothing to worry about? Was bought as new, so its not the sort of thing I would expect to see. It might go if I were to flush it out, but if it is a problem it needs sorting out.

How easy (if possible at all) is it to dismantle the block? (looks like it should be possible judging by the rev2 upgrade kits available.)

Edit: Found the mini allen key and managed to dismantle it - will post pics tomorrow, but it isn't pretty. Doesn't look good to me, but I'll let those who know more take a look. Must sleep...

Last edited:
Soldato
thats new, are you kidding, it looks like it has been made by a kid in a workshops, its official then, swiftech off the market for me, with that built quality and some machining problems found in a few. its silver so it doesn't look like corrosion, im not what that is to be honest :confused:

Man of Honour
thats normal for that for pf block, all water setups eventually get a build up of some sort that affects the blocks thats why you are adviced to clean out ya water every 9months or so, obviously that block has been used, and out of most of the blocks on the market that one is more prone to the affects of build up in the water because of its design. i know some one who had a carther cascade ss lasted only 4months before it stained and got clogged

Associate
OP
Was bought new from an online retailer. Been in touch with them and they got back fairly quickly. Apparently its just where the copper has oxidised, and is just surface marks. The rest of the block is in good condition, the nozzles on the mid-section are un-obstructed and it looks as though the marks will polish off if need be, there isn't any actual physical damage. The underside of the block, while needing a bit of a cleanup, is also fine. Not 100% happy, but not a major problem. Just needs a bit of careful cleaning I guess. Recommended cleaning fluid?

Soldato
Sounds like someone has used and returned it - is the protective film still on the base?

For cleaning copper I use tomato ketchup - paste it over the oxidisation for about 10 minutes then rinse off.

Back
Top Bottom