Talk Talk - good or bad?

Woman of Honour
Man of Honour
Done a search but it didn't answer my questions.

I'm about to move into my friends flat which is brand new and therefore hasn't got any BT line or anything.

Therefore I am assuming I will have to pay £99ish for connection, plus £XX per month line rental.

But with Talk Talk they say they charge you £11 for the line rental and £9.99 for the Broadband service - so I guess that means nothing goes to BT.

So I will only pay £20 a month incl free landline calls.

The only negatives I can see is that I am tied into an 18mth contract and the usage is 40GB.

What do people think about this and is there anything else out there which you think is suitable?

I currently pay £20 per month for pipex but BT line rental is incl in my rent.

Thanks

BB x

Associate
I just cancelled my talk talk contract, £70 mind you.......
I was sick of having speeds that were nowhere near what I was paying for. Xbox live was shocking and their customer support aghhhhhhhhhhhhhh, well enough said.
Goodbye and good rid, going back to BT (I know some will say why, but they do give what you pay for)
Hope this helps some poor people that may be even thinking about trying talk talk. Let them mature they may get better.
JaseUK

Associate
Steer well clear of this Micky Mouse company, they do not want to know you once you have signed up with them, if you have a problem you need help with tuff luck you are on your own.

They must have the worst customer services known to man. I have been trying to get in touch with tech support for the last 3 days without success and they have the cheek to charge you 10p per min for the privilege of being on hold for 25min then cut you off!!

Yes, the tarriffs are cheap but as they say you get what you pay for.
I wish had seen all the bad publicity about them before I signed up.
Anyway rant over.

Soldato
Well I got my Modem this morning!, Had a problem setting up my account, Phoned em!, Got straight through and sorted in 5 minutes!...

Only connected at 1.1mbps!.. but thats still a step up from 56Kbps!...

I'm happy So far! :)

Back
Top Bottom