Need a *really* quiet 1200mm fan. (not SilenX)

Associate
Can anyone recommend a really quiet 120mm fan (and also 80mm, if it's not the same make)? I just got a CoolerMaster Praetorian 732 case, but the 120mm front intake, and the dual 80mm rear fans are a little loud. Unfortunately so is the SilenX 11db fan I bought to replace the front fan - if fact I think this company is using very misleading marketing as 11db should be virtually noiseless, and many times quieter than the 20db my case is rated as.

At the moment I have all case fans running at 5V using a Zalman Multi Connector, but that means I have very little airflow.

Thanks for any suggestions!

Associate
Sharkoon Silent Eagle 1000 Fan 80mm
3310.jpg

- Dimensions: 80 x 80 x 25 mm
- Weight: 75g
- Connection: Molex connector
- Air flow: 19m3/h
- Fan type: metal sliding support
- Rotational speed: 1000revs./min.
- Noise development: 8,9dBA
- Current consumption: 0,1 A
- Input: 1,44W
- Voltage: 12 V

I have one in my rig and its SLIENT unless u put it right beside you ear. and i mean right up to your ear. very nice fan

Soldato
Is there anypoint in the fan when it only blows 11 cfm? Sure I believe its silent but any fan is probably silent if it only blew 11cfm.

Associate
i have one on the side panel of my case and it cools my gfx card very well.

Picture042.jpg

The metal strip heats up and with this little fan its gets colded very well.
its a nice fan and at only £5 it worth it in my opinion.

Last edited:
Soldato
The quietest fan in existance according to SPCR is the Nexus. I have one and it is very quiet, absolutely silent when undervolted. It does about 35cfm at 12v i think. Nexus 80mm ones are just as good but i think the panaflo 80mm ones might be a little better. The problem with the 120mm panaflos is they click a little, at least the 38mm thick ones do.

You need to read SPCRs Recomended Fans article.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom