• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Just Changes My Order From a Sapphire x1900xt to the HIS ICEQ3 x1900xt. Good or bad?

Soldato
Hey guys as stated in the topic i just changed from my sapphire x1900xt to the HIS ICEQ3 x1900xt which is exactly the same price.

Is the actual card exactly thwe same just the ICEQ3 comes with better cooling? So was it a good move to ammend my order or should i of stuck with the sapphire. I am not bothered about any software that may or may nto come with either of the card really such as games.

Im just amazed at how the ICEQ3 card can be the same price.... am i missing something?

Thanks in advance :)

Soldato
Good.
icon14.gif
Faster, quieter, cooler.

It's just OcUK with their good bargains again that makes it the same price. :D

Associate
Connect3D ATI Radeon X1900 XT 512MB GDDR3 AVIVO TV-Out/Dual DVI (PCI-Express) - Retail (3056) (GX-047-CO) This Week Only mate, just ordered one

kbc

kbc

Associate
PESolution said:
i know i noticed that this week only price on that one too. However my room is hot and my pc gets even hotter so i think the iceq 3 will be the best for me :)

Yes, it's a good deal. Nice cooler and quieter than the stock! :) I've seen the HIS one and it looks better than my Sapphire one. :( :D

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
kbc said:
Yes, it's a good deal. Nice cooler and quieter than the stock! :) I've seen the HIS one and it looks better than my Sapphire one. :( :D

The noise is definitely the main advantage with the ICEQ cooler but from what i read and reviews from folk that got it, it not a huge difference temperature wise from a stock cooler. The card itself is generally very hot anyway so your probably going to shave off around 5-7 degree cooler than that of the stock

Soldato
OP
Kyo said:
The noise is definitely the main advantage with the ICEQ cooler but from what i read and reviews from folk that got it, it not a huge difference temperature wise from a stock cooler. The card itself is generally very hot anyway so your probably going to shave off around 5-7 degree cooler than that of the stock

but considering there prcies are identicle i would be stupid to keep with the sapphire one...

Soldato
OP
"Dear Jack Stoddart,

I have updated your order accordingly, unfortunately due to rounding on VAT
there was an extra penny to be charged to your card which I have done.

Regards,

Peter Pallister
Customer Service
Overclockers UK
www.overclockers.co.uk"

lol the cheeky ********* :p what if i wanted that penny hehehe

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
PESolution said:
but considering there prcies are identicle i would be stupid to keep with the sapphire one...

I never once said that it wasn't a good deal mate. all i am saying to people is don't expect the ICEQ cooler to be way way better than the stock for temperature.

Certainly if i had a choice i would go for the ICEQ....However if i already have a x1900xt then i wouldnt change it for the sake of it. .....Can see that you haven't got the sapphire yet as you only just ordered ??? If so it a good move.

Last edited:
Associate
the reduction in temperature is definately there... i know someone who has the sapphire and it idles a few degrees higher than mine - not much but it is apparent though, if you were given the choice i would go for the HIS IceQ3 one, definately quieter.

Caporegime
ACESHIGH said:
I would take the HIS ICEQ card over the standard Sapphire card anyday.

I would have preferred the company to make the coolers available seperately, its not that much different from an artic cooling unit. Then again not likely for that to happen =/

Kyo

Kyo

Soldato
Gerard said:
I would have preferred the company to make the coolers available seperately, its not that much different from an artic cooling unit. Then again not likely for that to happen =/

Think it about time. What i like about the nvidia cards was their own coolers. Definitely the way to go for ATI cards.

Back
Top Bottom